1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Wynn, Cosmo & mLife Comps and Table Game Bankroll Questions

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Goldlot, Mar 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Goldlot

Goldlot Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So I tried searching for this and couldn't find a thread that covered this with no luck, hence a new post.

I am a VP player exclusively (DDB at $0.50 and $1 multiline) and have hosts at Cosmo, Aria, Bellagio and Wynncore. I have concentrated all of my play over the last few trips so my data is exclusively mLife.

I am platinum there and have been getting comped rooms,most food and beverage comps and transportation for my play. Averaging about 4,500 theo a trip (about 290K TCs) for a 4 day stay. But I am considered incorporating or even switching to blackjack completely (just basic strategy - no plans on counting).

So my long winded questions come down to this. To mach what I am currently doing:

Am I right in thinking to get the same level of comp action at MGM, Cosmo and Wynn - is a $250/ hand 4 hours a day on the high side for that kind of theo?

If so - what kind of bankroll would be good start to incorporate that. I usually target $12-14K a trip for what I play, and though I know there is a LOT of volatility in my game, it seems for that kind of action needed at BJ, that kind of bankroll would be insufficient. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

2. stackinchips

stackinchips VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well assuming 60 hands an hour for four hours a day with a 1% HA, you're only generating about $2400 in theo. So if you want to stay around that $4500 number, you'd have to either double your time played or double your bet. As for required bankroll, I'd say you'd need at least 100 units to avoid a high risk of ruin, so playing at $500/hand would require a bankroll of about 50k.

3. Goldlot

Goldlot Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So do all those properties assume a 1% HA for all 2 - 6 deck games? Or do they adjust based on the when you get to 6, or even 8 deck or CSM games?

4. stackinchips

stackinchips VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I honestly don't know, I typically just estimate 1%. I'm not sure how much they factor in rule changes on BJ from table to table. I know some properties have adjustments that the pit can make based on the player's skill, but I'm not sure if they take into account one table being a 6 deck vs. 8 deck shoe, or a CSM vs. shoe, 6/5 vs. 3/2 etc. I would guess that they aren't that specific and just define a set HA to each type of game rather than adjusting for every variable from one table to another. I also don't think they adjust for the speed of the game, so if you're sitting solo at a table, you're only getting credit for the number of hands played at a full table, even though you're playing 6-7x as many hands.

It also may vary depending on whether your playing on the floor or HL as it's a little easier to track and adjust in the HL vs. floor due to fewer players/tables and the PB ability to watch more closely.

5. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    BJ earns terrible theo compared to every other game.

$250 avg would barely get you a room comp with some F&B.

6. Goldlot

Goldlot Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So that means pushing it to $500/hand to get closer to the original goal?

7. shifter

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yeah $500 should get you a suite @ RFB.

the other issue is that you earn TCs at table games much slower.

290k TCs would require $8800 theo at tables.

8. Trutt

Trutt Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Shifter,

So, either $500 for 4 hours or $250 for 8 hours gets him to suite @ RFB, correct? My level is about the same, but I play eight hours a day, so I believe I am assuming 8 hours at $250 will get you the same theo as 4 hours at $500.

Thanks

9. shifter

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yes.

but note I'm talking about a basic suite, not Penthouse or 2BR, etc.

10. wanker751

wanker751 Dutch Rudder Enthusiast

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Also remeber no more TC at cosmo...unsure if that would matter or not

11. Malibugolfer

Malibugolfer High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Also take into account if you play heads up or with only one other player, then the 60 hands an hour is low. More like 80-90. They will figure theo on fewer hands AND your RoR goes up with the increased amount of hands.
    Even more so if you've upped your bet limit.
    I often play heads up and rarely have more than 1 or 2 other players at the table in Aria or Encore HL.
    Busier on the floor but service is much better in HL.

12. Goldlot

Goldlot Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In that case and for bankroll purposes - is it safer to assume a 125 or 150 unit bank roll to protect against RoR?

13. Malibugolfer

Malibugolfer High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bigger the BR lower the RoR.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.