1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

This from Wisconsin

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by TrewBrew, Mar 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrewBrew

TrewBrew I may be right, I may be Crazy.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hello new to the board and relatively new to vegas. We will be making our 4th trip in three years early next month. I have been "stalking" the board for the past week searching for more things to do, I wouldn't mind drinking, eating, gambling and sleeping. But the better half needs other things to do during the day...got to keep her happy to continue the trips west.

2. Hobofrank

Hobofrank Prime Minister of Idiocracy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    send her to the Spa, Job.Done.

pro tip?, do.not.send.her.shopping.

welcome

3. La$Vega$

La$Vega$ Fun until cops show up, then we play Hide n' Seek!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome!
    Need more info on likes/dislikes.
    There are tons of interesting/fun things to do all within an hours drive or less (that is if you rent a car)
    So, we really need more input on your stay(s)

4. hrt4girls

hrt4girls Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I also enjoy doing things that my husband considers "field trips". One of my favorite outings that we have done is the Neon Museum. It is an enclosed parking lot type area with many many of the old neon signs from around Vegas. The tour guide gives the history of some of the more famous or unique ones. I thought it was very interesting. Bring a hat because you will be standing outside in the sun.

5. disappearingdusk

disappearingdusk Tourist

lol. I may be the only woman in the world who doesn't love shopping. I can walk down Michigan Avenue and not even think twice about stopping in a store.

Spas, on the other hand, are my weakness. Send your wife to the spa at Mandarin Oriental. That could keep her occupied for a good 2-3 hours, even more if she chooses to be totally lazy that day. The soaking pool and relaxation rooms that overlook the strip are gorgeous. Even if it's not steak and BJ day when you send her there, it will be when she returns to your loving arms. I promise!

I second the Neon Museum. We've also done day trips to Red Rock and a really, really, really long day trip to Zion. Have she seen Hoover Dam? Maybe she'd enjoy the Faberge exhibit at the Bellagio Gallery of Fine Art? There are docent led tours there each day at 2 p.m. To add a bit of romantic excitement to your trip, you could take her to the Mob Museum. Or even Spearmint Rhino! If all else fails, just add roofies to her cocktails so you don't have to deal with her for several hours.

6. TrewBrew

TrewBrew I may be right, I may be Crazy.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the help. I already have a spa day set up for her at Monte Carlo may see if I can get her in to the Mandarin instead as it is close by. I could send her shopping and tell her not to worry about the money and she would be back in half an hour with nothing. Going to look into neon museum.

7. Hobofrank

Hobofrank Prime Minister of Idiocracy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Steak and BJ day, lol.... yes it's almost exactly a month after Valentine's day isn't it?

8. La$Vega$

La$Vega$ Fun until cops show up, then we play Hide n' Seek!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you are a nostalgia buff you will certainly enjoy the neon museum.

9. franknic

franknic Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Planning to visit downtown? If so, recommend the mob museum. Lot's of good stuff there...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.