1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Tahiti village resort

Discussion in 'Off-Strip Hotels' started by Chrisnewton, Mar 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chrisnewton

Chrisnewton High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi all

My friend is getting married in tahiti village next year, I was just curious how far out is this? Is it a good hour walk to say mgm? I have tried looking on google maps but it's hard to judge.

Has anyone stayed there?

Thanks all

Chris

2. TomTWI

TomTWI Custom Title

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've never stayed there but go past it all the time and see people walking from there to outlet. Walking from Tahiti Village to MGM, depending on your ability and heat, would be about 1 hour. This per google maps.

I see they do have a shuttle.

Disclaimer: Staggering back would be about 3 and half.

TomTWI

3. daveg000

daveg000 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is the shuttle schedule, but it says you need a room key.

http://www.tahitivillage.com/PDF/shuttle_schedule_ABCD.pdf

I would rent a car ( I always rent a car). If it is a wedding, maybe someone would go in with you. When you leave the rental site, and go to the strip (3 right turns and your headed to vegas on the strip) you will drive right by Tahiti , the first block on the strip.

Or you could buy a tahiti village on eBay

Here is a link to SOLD timeshares and rented weeks - what they actually sold for ($1 to $500) http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sc=1%7C1&_sop=15&_trkparms=66%253A2%257C65%253A16%257C39%253A1&_from=R40%7CR40&ghostText=&_sacat=0&LH_Auction=1&_nkw=tahiti+village+las+vegas&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc

There is annual use or semi annual (i would get an annual), 1 bedroom or two, you can cut the week in half and use it twice a year, you can lock off the two bedroom, cut the week in half, and use it 4 times a year. READ THE AD CAREFULLY, some the maintainence fees are already paid for, some not!

Folks are giving them away, because they have a maintainence fee, and if you aren't using it you might as well get rid of it.

15 NIGHTS, 16 DAYS, May 8-23, MGM PK, GOLDN NUGGET, TIMESH, MANDALAY
    15 NIGHTS, 16 DAYS, May 8-23, MGM PK, GOLDN NUGGET, TIMESH, MANDALAY
  4. GeorgeJ.

GeorgeJ. VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If there wasn't a yearly maintenance fee, that'd (a Tahiti Village week for $1) be a great wedding gift for the bride & groom.

I've never traded in through RCI and stayed there but probably will sometime in the next year or two..it HAS to be better than some of the other timeshares in Vegas (such as the Holiday Inn Desert Club; I wasn't impressed with the refurb that CET did on the place when they traded this former apartment complex for the land behind the Flamingo so they could build the Linq)..I wouldn't stay at the Desert Club again.

5. Chrisnewton

Chrisnewton High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks all

6. bswim

bswim High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Reviews say that the shuttle is usually full. Most people hop on the bus or get a rental car.

7. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Depending on the time of year I wouldn't recommend walking from the MGM to Tahiti village. There really isn't much to see along the way (except for the Welcome to Vegas sign) and it can be a brutal walk in any time of the year. I would recommend taking the bus (the deuce takes to the premium outlet) or renting a car.

8. TomTWI

TomTWI Custom Title

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The walking route by Google takes you east a block or so then north until you get to Sunset then back to the strip. I think that is to avoid all the airport and freeway traffic. An hour walk isn't bad this time of year if you want some exercise. Personally I would take a cab to save valuable energy for drinking.

TomTWI

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.