1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

A silly poll, but what the hell it is St Paddy's Day.

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Joe, Mar 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No surprise Milwaukee is in the top 10, or that Vegas is number 1. Enjoy your green beer today.:beer: Personally, the look is revolting to me and I can't touch it.

With St. Patrick's Day festivities set to kick off on Tuesday, one of the most popular drinking days of the year could mean long lines at your local bar. But some cities are more equipped to manage the revelers than others.

The Las Vegas metro area has the highest number of bartenders per capita, according to a recent study by the jobs site CareerBuilder. Sin City has about 5.5 bartenders per 1,000 residents, the study found.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/03/16/most-bartenders-cities_n_6880378.html

2. bdautch

bdautch VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Vegas, New Orleans, and Buffalo...the three places I spend the most time outside of where I live (DC).

3. LVHooked

LVHooked High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Erie County Pennsylvania, 4.0 per 1000..... no surprise to me :beer:

4. Joe Strummer

Joe Strummer VIP Whale

Never EVER drank a green beer !
    Not bartenders.....but bars.....per sq. mile ---
    the town I grew up in had the most bars per sq. mile in NY state.
    The reason ?
    GM motor plant employed so many workers back in the good ol' 50's ----
    Lunch break = the saloon bars were packed 3 deep......so the workers didn't want
    to wait around to drink/order their liquor.......more bars kept opening = shorter line.
    All were walking distance from the plant.
    This year's Patty's parade featured 3 hip hop marching bands..........rather odd tradition ?

5. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Vegas is number 1 by a longshot!

And the best Coors light I have ever had was green in Tunica. Probably because it was at 33 degrees or less.

Kicking off the Trip with Two New Hotels to Us!!!
  6. Jerseyguy

Jerseyguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    From what people tell me in Ireland it's a minor religious holiday,no big deal. From what I'm told the Irish arrived in New York on the lower east side and picked up the corned beef habit from the Jews who were already there. They decided today was as good a day as any to get together and celebrate their Irish heritage in America.
    This may or not be true but it sounds good to me.
    Joe,did you grow up in Sufferin NY.? There was a big auto plant there years ago. I just thought Sufferin was a great name for any factory town.

7. karens625

karens625 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well! Let's see. My favorite place to be is Vegas. #1. Love drinking there. I lived almost 30 years in #5. I currently live and probably will be here forever, in #8. Yep, I like to drink. LOL

8. Viva Las Vegas

Viva Las Vegas Elvis has left the building

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wonder how many people downing pints tonight realize Saint Patrick was an Italian born in Scotland. :beer:

9. Joe Strummer

Joe Strummer VIP Whale

Jersey guy -
    I grew up on the OTHER SIDE of the Tappan Zee Bridge.
    ( East side of it....don't get me started on traffic ! )
    The GM plant soil is all contaiminated - the politicians have
    been trying to develope/sell this land for decades.
    Old GM workers would tell us young guys about rolling 55 gal drums of paint
    + other crap -- out the back door of the plant + pour the contents into the Hudson River.
    No thoughts about it.
    In the old days --- they would be truck freighting those new cars ALL night outta the plant.
    The trucks would be covered when "next year's" models were shipped.

10. Jerseyguy

Jerseyguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I grew up close to the Hyatt Roller Bearings plant that made roller bearings for GM.The same thing happened except the toxic waste went into the ground The plant is gone,they brought in 15 ft. of soil from Indiana and built a nine hole golf course. Back in the day they polluted the hell out of Jersey,but nobody really cared,,people were working ,money was flowing and life was good until people started coming up with cancer that worked in and lived near a lot of these places.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.