1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Need Some Heat TR: Cosmo-Palms April 19-24

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by majorminor, Mar 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. majorminor

majorminor Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Pre-trip BS

A month ago in Ohio it was cold as a witches teat outside! Lots of white shit on the ground, too. Talking to the wife about a vacation this year; we need it to be warm! She can’t get a week off work until late April. Gives me time to set everything up; start hinting about Vegas… She’s says hell yeah. It’s been two years since our last trip (and 10 years before that) and we didn’t even take a vacation last year. Time to start planning. Too cold to do anything anyway so I might as well spend hours a day online reading forums, checking prices, etc. Found VMB… Awesome! The research begins…

Where should we stay? Read reviews, check prices, more reviews, pictures, rooms, websites, etc. You know the drill. Finally booked first two nights at the Cosmo. Why you ask? Cause I’m fucking cold and all I want to do is stand on the balcony in 75+ degree weather with a strong drink knowing I’m only minutes away from winning tens of dollars on VP machines downstairs. And since it’s Cosmo, might as well book a fountain view room right? Right! Didn’t get a great deal; couple hundred bucks a night for a terrace studio. It’s only money and the wife will l-l-l-l-ove it (I hope)!

Now I need to book the final 3 nights of our stay. Decided to go off strip and relax. Stayed at the Palms a couple years ago for a night and liked it. They don’t send us mail any more though so I emailed them – pretty ballsy huh? I know, not really. Told them I was coming back and wanted to know what they could offer. A day or so later they reply and say call them with Palms Club# and they’d see what they could do… I didn’t call right away and didn’t figure they’d offer much – we’re low low rollers and hadn’t even gambled there in two years. Well what should show up in the mail a few days later – an offer from the Palms for 2 comped nights and a reduced rate on the 3rd night. Fuckin A! Book that shit! Why? Cause FREE (well almost)! And I love FREE, That’s why! So lodging is all set… Better get serious about a flight…

We fly outta DTW typically as it’s about an hour away. Early in the process I checked and flights they were about $320 roundtrip each with Delta. No problem, that’s about what we paid last time. Didn’t book right away though, figured I had time, just make sure no BS from work is going to come up and screw this trip. So we get to about 5 weeks out and decide I’m good to go with work – book the damn flight already. Flights still about $350… good deal I thought! Wait a minute, check the details and all the prime time non-stop flights have much higher prices. Shit! I want to get there kinda early and leave kinda late (but not too early or too late – you know). Turns out these flights are a hundred bucks more per person. What should I do? Checked Spirit, with their freakin fees it’s almost the same and I’m not hearing good things about them. Is Delta with the prime flights worth it? It’s 10 degrees out in Ohio! Hell yeah it’s worth it! It’s only money. Book that sumbitch! Done.

Now all I have to do is wait. Waiting fuckin sucks! Might as well spend my free time doing what us low rollers do: practicing my VP strategy (strict rules of parlay of course), reading trip reports, playing myVegas, and generally wishing it was time to fly the fuck out west already! You know how time always flies by when you get older? NOT when you have a trip to Vegas booked and ready to go in a month. Gonna be a long month! Hell, I might as well start my own trip report…

2. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You 're staying in two of my favourite hotels. Your wife will definitely love the terrace. Enjoy!!

3. VegasDave

VegasDave Addicted

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Im playing the waiting game with you! Coming in 21 and leaving on the 23rd! I hate waiting!!!

Right next door at Vdara unless Cosmo continues to extend the 2 free night offers to me, current one only goes to April 8 :(

4. majorminor

majorminor Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Breanna! Your info inspired to book this split at these properties. Thanks!

5. majorminor

majorminor Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hear ya VegasDave! At least it warmed up slightly here - will try to get all my yardwork done before the trip I guess :thumbsdown:

6. TomTWI

TomTWI Custom Title

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looks like a good trip coming up. You have the right attitude.

TomTWI

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.