1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Can someone please give me the quick 411 on Myvegas?

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by ABZAmom, Mar 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ABZAmom

ABZAmom Newbie

I'm new to this site. Trying to save credits for my trip in 3 weeks. Staying at Treasure Island. I'm hoping to get some BOGO buffets or starbucks or something.

Sorry for the dumb questions but this is all overwhelming and you all seem so helpful from the posts I've read.

1. So I play games and get red chips and gold ones. What's the difference?
    2. When I look at the rewards I need to have that much credit in gold coins right?
    3. Do I have to stay at an MGM property to redeem these? If I click on the reward will it tell me if I have to?
    4. When I click redeem, how quickly can I use the reward?

Thanks so much

2. KazooTom

KazooTom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hope this helps

3. tnyqst

tnyqst Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ABZAmom,

KazooTom's advice is solid. It looks like you are trying to accumulate gold Loyalty Points (LP) for a trip in the very near future.

If you have an Apple iOS or an Android device, I would recommend downloading the MyVegas mobile Blackjack and mobile Slots games too. You can link your Facebook account to these two games on mobile and you can earn LP across all three games. The mobile games are very good in the beginning for earning LP relatively quickly because there are "Journeys" with simple "challenges" that you can complete.

4. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Keep in mind though for any Android users, you need to download, you need to download the app from Amazon, and not the Google Play store. Otherwise you won't get LPs for completing challenges.

5. monkeyshed

monkeyshed Highest Vegas Slot Jackpot in 45 Trips = $650

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Prob asked several times before, but do you NEED a FB account to redeem? I don't have one and I absolutely don't want one. Does that exclude me from this promotion or can they be redeemed via the Iphone app?
    Thanks.

6. HuskerBB

HuskerBB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    monkeyshed - I don't know for sure if you need a facebook account - but I think your might. I do think it is easier to earn LP's on the facebook game than the iPhone app. I did not want a facebook page either - but you can do what I did - create an email address that you don't use for anything else and use that to set up the facebook page. Just don't "friend" anyone that is not a myvegas player and don't do anything else on the site and you stay pretty much anonymous for facebook purposes.

7. GottaLuvCruising

GottaLuvCruising High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    May I ask a question, too? Four ladies going to Las Vegas in July and all have been playing My Vegas and accumulating LPs. Can each of us redeem for multiple awards to be used by the others (all traveling together)? For example, can I buy four buffet rewards to be used by the four of us?

Depending on our totals as we get closer, it would be nice to know what flexibility we have. We do plan to use the monorail passes and I understand those don't count toward the limit of 3 redemptions.

8. JoJoR

JoJoR VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You're usually limited to 1 type of a reward with most MLife rewards. So purchasing 4 of the same buffet rewards wouldn't even be possible. The TOS says that each reward must be used but the purchaser so you'd probably run into some issues when redeeming in person.

9. GottaLuvCruising

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you! I've earned the most LPs, so I'll figure out what I can purchase (when our window opens) and let the others know they have to earn all of their own.

10. tnyqst

tnyqst Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, you NEED a Facebook account to redeem. It is how MLife ties into your account to determine your LP. You cannot redeem via iOS and Android apps unless you have synced them with your Facebook account.

11. donfairplay

donfairplay VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's possible, 4 different ladies, each using 1 one of their 3 myvegas awards. If each lady redeemed (for example) 1 bellagio buffet, 1 aria buffet, 1 ticket to Ka - so that's 3 rewards, that's perfectly fine. You'll have to wait in line at the mlife counter and redeem separately. The only gotcha's you have to look out for is redeeming show tickets, you might not be able to sit by each other as planned.

--

You're right on 1 person using a buffet reward for four people, which isn't possible because you'll hit the 1 award limit. But 4 people using the same award each with their own lp's is ok.

12. tnyqst

tnyqst Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is a good question. I have not redeemed any rewards yet for myself. But my understanding is that you must be a user of the reward. So if there is a reward for "2 buffet passes", you MUST be one of the users. You cannot purchase two "2 buffet passes" for use by a party of 4.

13. JoJoR

JoJoR VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, that is true. As for shows, you can have one person call up with all the redemption numbers (along with name, address, email address, and mlife number) and book seats together. :thumbsup:

14. GottaLuvCruising

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for all the responses! I really appreciate it. I'm a compulsive organizer, so all of our show tickets are already booked. I have a "MyVegas" tab on my spreadsheet and tracking who should redeem what. We'll make it work the best we can!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.