1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Total Rewards Calendar - No Comps

Discussion in 'Comps' started by nrm02, Mar 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nrm02

nrm02 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I usually have offers for several comped rooms when using the TR calendar. Usually book Forum Tower king (5 nights comped) and get free upgrade at check-in with $20.00 trick. Checked TR calendar tonight and we had no comped rooms offered. Is there a secret or trick that I missed? The cheapest rooms offered were at Harrahs for $65 a night. We are not high rollers by any means but managed to get decent comps in the past. Did I pick a bad night to look or has TR changed their operations? We were looking at 1st week in August.

2. wpete

wpete High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did you put BOTH of your TR card numbers? Even with just one TR number, there should still be some comp offers if you usually get Caesars comped. I just looked at the calendar and with my wife's TR card, the comped rooms were pretty limited. After adding mine as a companion, it pretty much opened up. She's platinum, I'm Gold.

3. nrm02

nrm02 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I put both numbers in as usual and no comps came up. I'm platinum, she is gold. I found this to be extremely odd considering our previous comps we have received.

4. LB9

LB9 PH Blackjack Degen

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's all over the place and many times varies based on current demand at any given time. Try again tomorrow and check alternative dates band I'm sure you'll see some.

5. Champster1

Champster1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What the dates that u are looking at? I'm platinum and I can always find a free night at the Rio (95% of the time) and or Harrahs and Ballys (90-85% of the time.....EXCEPT for the last weekend April). The big fight has even Ballys at 249 a night on Friday and Saturday night that weekend. Un heard of except for maybe New Years Eve. Heck the Plaza is getting $125 a night that weekend. The Plaza?!?!! If that's the weekend in question then you are in trouble! Other than that, I would try again tomorrow!

6. klawrey

klawrey High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Or CET could be playing the magical disappearing comp room trick on you that they did to me and cost them my business. I had made 6 trips in 2.5 years, all of them included 3-4 nights comped at any of the properties although I always chose to stay at Planet Hollywood because I loved the vibe there. I was at Platinum and I'm not a High Roller by any means but I play $25 blackjack and $20 craps player along with the occasional (nightly lol) $200-300 sports bet. But I was content with 3-4 nights.

Well when it came time to book trip 7 at about the 3 year mark, no more comps, no even at Imperial Palace (when it was still called that lol). Figured I'd wait a week or so and check again, no luck. Maybe the dates were bad, nope still nothing. The best rate I had was like $40 a night at IP.

So I took my business to MLife. My play is the same as it was maybe a touch better here and there and I get 4 nights comped at Excalibur or Luxor, 3 nights at MGM, Monte Carlo, NYNY, Mandalay or 2 nights at Aria or Bellagio. The rooms at even Luxor are cleaner than the Resort Vista rooms I have stayed in at PH. Now I stay at usually NYNY except for my upcoming trip where I don't know how I did it but managed to score 3 nights comped at Hotel32. Needless to say I am so happy I left CET when I did. Life takes much better care of me and the properties and rooms are exponentially nicer and much better nightlife and dining options.

7. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED Money’s on the way, with CashNetUSA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LOL, wife is diamond (Did DIAD back in August) and we've stayed and reaped plenty off CET...now they hate us and give us NO free rooms.

8. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did you check all available room classes?

I made a mistake when checking comp room availability and was looking at "value rooms". As soon as I switched to other type rooms, the calendar changed from SOLD OUT and filled with "comp".

9. deanandmaria

deanandmaria Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think it's been widely advertised that comps are based not on tier level but on ADT. Diamond in a day is a great accomplishment, but even 2 or 3 other days with little to no action will drop your ADT pretty far.

10. waverunner

waverunner ------VEGA$------

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree. I'm only Gold but my ADT is consistent. I usually do the same every time i'm in Vegas........5 nights of gambling at a set amount per night, every night. Doesn't matter. I booked Bally's because it was comped for 5 nights, then decided to add a Friday for only $57. Basically less than $10 per night. The resort fee for 6 nights is $150, but that will be covered with my SR credits.
    My calender is not as good as it used to be, but i can still stay at Bally's, the LinQ, Harrah's, Flamingo, and Rio for 2 weeks each month Sun-Fri. comped, partially comped, and/or at obscenely low rates.
    I was going to book the LinQ for $22 per night for 5 nights, but the weekends are triple digits, so i decided to book Bally's instead.
    But Friday will still be the same gambling wise, a set amount.
    I had to change my plans this year, can't go in August, so i'm doing 6 nights in June and 6 nights in November to get my fix.

11. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Your 5 nights could be counting as 6 days of play. And, depending on your level of play, it might just not be enough to interest them anymore. You appear to be a rational gambler (fixed budget) and it just might not be what they want, or are no longer willing to gamble that you will drop more. After all, if you a player does not drop enough to pay their expenses, then... well, it is a business.

12. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    To the OP: What are your dates? It seems they are tightening up but at the same time, there more special events than ever before. Low rollers shouldn't expect much in comped rooms this spring.

13. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED Money’s on the way, with CashNetUSA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yup, but it was pretty hard to care..when we lost $1200, but got $3000 in FSP, and actually WON, so we booked a ton of room, and say EFF IT! hahaha
    I'd say that was a +EV play, lol.

14. S'AllGoodMan

S'AllGoodMan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think you need to keep checking. It's still 5 months out. We usually see the rooms become comp about 10 weeks out.

15. nrm02

nrm02 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are planning for 1st week of August, Sunday thru Friday (2nd - 7th).

16. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not sure - right now I am showing everything comped for 2nd to 7th but NOBU on mine. I assume lowest level on all (for some reason it isn't providing me the drop-down for the room types on my calendar right now). Make sure you do try different browser windows & clear cache to see if it will help.

Easter again..:
  17. AcesFull72

AcesFull72 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was having the same problem with it not showing any comped rooms. What I noticed was it wasn't their low tier basic room being listed. I had to change the room type, then it showed comped nights.

18. PHVHost

PHVHost High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    First week of August is pretty light. Usually when the last trip or two had lighter play than previous ones. Message me your TR number and I'll see whatsup and if I can do a host comp.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.