1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Golden Nugget - Gold Club Luxury vs. Rush Tower Deluxe

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by ExVegasLocal, Mar 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ExVegasLocal

ExVegasLocal Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I won't stay in the Carson tower, but I've stayed in the Rush Tower a few times and been satisfied with the rooms. It seems I read somewhere that there is no resort fee and that in-room coffee is complimentary in the Gold Club Luxury Rooms, but I'm unsure if that is true. If so, the price difference is about $40 per night, which I am willing to pay if the Gold Club Luxury Rooms are significantly better than the Rush Tower Deluxe.

Can anyone tell me what the Gold Club Luxury room is like, whether the resort fee applies, and whether they would find the additional amenities to be worth the upcharge? Things that appeal to me the most would be lack of resort fee, complimentary in-room coffee, use of the spa facilities,and use of the VIP lounge (if that means I can grab a complimentary cocktail or snack).

Lastly, can anyone speak to the noise from Fremont Street in these rooms? The Rush Tower rooms are quiet and I have my doubts that these rooms are as quiet.

From the GN web site (which appears outdated as there is no Carson Street Cafe):

Located on the 16th and 17th floors of our Gold Tower, our Gold Club rooms provide an added touch of modern luxury. These contemporary retreats feature plasma screen televisions in both the bedroom and bath area, feather down comforters and upgraded linens, oversized deep soaking bathtubs with Raintree Showers, marble vanities with bowl sinks and elegant décor boasting rich woods and leather sofas.

Each Gold Club room includes the following conveniences:
    Exclusive key-card access to the Gold Club floors
    Complimentary turn-down service
    Complimentary bottled water
    Express Room Service delivery

In addition, Gold Club guests are entitled to the following privileges:
    VIP Check-in and use of the VIP Lounge
    Complimentary Spa facilities usage

2. iluv2fish

iluv2fish Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We stayed in the Gold Club Rush room last summer. It did indeed have coffee in the room that was complimentary as well as a refrigerator, which other rooms don't have. There is also coffee, bottled water, and snacks by the elevators as well as in the VIP lounge. We choose to stay there for those reasons, but more importantly because it came with free use of the fitness center and internet access. I was told that there is no resort fee for these rooms this year and the amenities are the same. It had a large bathroom area as well as a sofa in the room and was quite comfortable and quiet. We thought it was worth the money. I guess it depends what you are looking for in a room and what you want to spend.

3. ExVegasLocal

ExVegasLocal Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Gold Club Rush room is different from the Gold Club Luxury room...or at least it is priced differently. It is about $10-$20 per night more than the Gold Club Luxury room. So now, I'm extra confused. :cry:

4. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yah about a year ago (if my memory serves me correct) they added a few extra room classifications.

5. iluv2fish

iluv2fish Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I should have added that the Gold Club Luxury Room is in the Gold Tower. The Rush Gold Club room is in the Rush Tower. Rush Tower is more expensive and smoke-free.

6. ExVegasLocal

ExVegasLocal Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the replies! I've booked the Rush Tower Deluxe and have opted to pay for any extra amenities I might want on an a la carte basis.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.