1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

May 1-3 weekend: Ky Derby / Floyd vs. Manny / NFL Draft / NHL&NBA playoffs

Discussion in 'Vegas Get Togethers' started by buckeyestud, Mar 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buckeyestud

buckeyestud Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll be traveling halfway around the world to get to Vegas on April 29th and staying through the busy weekend to meet a few buddies to celebrate a birthday and enjoy the Mayweather/Pacquiao vibe as well. Turns out it should be a very busy sports weekend as well..

http://thebiglead.com/2015/02/24/may-2nd-will-be-the-greatest-sports-day-of-2015/

I'm staying at Cosmo and the only firm plans we have now are for Friday with dinner reservations at STK followed by an evening at Marquee. Saturday evening is TBD pending fight ticket prices and viewing parties. I'm hoping something at Aria or Bellagio will be going on at a minimum for watching the fight in the evening.

There will hopefully be a lot of VP handpays, 45+ minute dice rolls and good times with a splash of debauchery.. Anyone else going this weekend and interested in taking over a craps table for an afternoon? I would love to check off 'gambling with VMBers' from the bucket list at a minimum since I always seem to miss out on cucumber and monkey events. :drunk:

2. klawrey

klawrey High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Aria and Bellagio will surely have viewing parties. In the past tickets to these events were $75 a person but with the inflated fights ticket prices and PPV prices of venture they'll be at least $125. Biggest thing beyond cost is keep an eye out for them to be announced because much like the fight these will likely sell out as well and you won't find these fights on at just any old bar on the strip.

3. buckeyestud

buckeyestud Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Figured it would be min $100 for ticket for viewing; $125 is still worth it IMO. Hopefully I will get an offer through Mlife before they go out to the public. Here's a thought for a back up plan, do hotels offer PPV in the room? Could possibly buy the fight in a nice room suite and throw a hotel party as a back up (not as much fun of course, but for the sake of watching it I'd do it if I had to!).

4. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    no.

5. buckeyestud

buckeyestud Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks. In that case it looks like we better book tickets to a viewing party no matter what. I'm sure we can sell last minute if we manage to luck out with fight tickets.

Would suck to miss out on the fight as that was the main reason we booked the trip in the first place.

6. klawrey

klawrey High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Something I've thought of but never looked into would maybe be off strip bars. No different than the bars in my local area that show fights and charge a cover to get in. Idk if they do that out there or if they leave people to head to the strip for closed circuit viewing but if they do that it may be a backup plan.

7. buckeyestud

buckeyestud Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's the kicker.. go all the way to Vegas to.. do what you would do at home. Instead you may fight the crowds and higher rates and not get the glory of being there to witness first hand. Although there are pros. I booked a 4 night stay prior to the official announcement and I can add on nights with Gold status so the room is comped. Hoping for a great environment at the least. Was here last year on honeymoon at same time and watched the Derby. This weekend will be one with the fellas so should be plenty of sports and gambling. That's already a win in my book.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.