1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Four Queens coin-in changes

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by Don the Dentist, Mar 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Don the Dentist

Don the Dentist LV resident

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Four Queens increased the coin-in to earn one point from $8 to $16 on the 10/7 DB games. This increase applies to both the $1 games and the $.25 progressives. :thumbsdown:

Doubling the coin-in requirements reduces the cash back and comp earnings by half.

Don the Dentist

2. mwig

mwig VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I figured some change was coming. This is not good news but it remains one of the best options available.

3. alexlifeson

alexlifeson High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Okay Don, how did you let that happen to us? HA, just kidding. I wish they would have waited a little longer since I'm coming later this week.

4. zignerlv

zignerlv VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My theory is that this change is a result of the slot club change that allows comps to accumulate on the card. In the "old days", you had comps on your room offer, and you used them or not, and that was it. Now, people can roll up hundreds in comp dollars, and they stay on your card if you don't use them all. Seeing how some of the regulars pound those 10/7 machines, it wouldn't surprise me if there were a bunch of players with thousands to ten thousand in comps accumulated (not in the case of the quarter machines, obviously), which would catch the eye of management. This change would help cut down on the attractiveness of the machines.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2015
  5. Don the Dentist

Don the Dentist LV resident

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not true. If you were a known player, you asked the host for comps...Hugo's, Brew Pub, Magnolias. Amount was up to the host and very dependent on your coin-in. I had dinner at Hugo's for 6, got plenty of cigars from the brew pub, etc. You could also get comps for Binions Steakhouse.

The bi-monthly mailers for locals include $100 in comps added to your account, if you are in the top tier.

Even with the changes, it is still a decent play. Certainly not great, no longer good, but only decent.

Don the Dentist

6. zignerlv

zignerlv VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My point was that the comps could not be accumulated in the past, but now they can be. That remains true.

7. alexlifeson

alexlifeson High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Now, I have to be concerned if my free play will be reduced even with the same level of play. MSS has whittled me down to nothing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.