1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Leaving early in the morning and average play.

Discussion in 'Comps' started by LV_Bound, Mar 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We like to charge as many meals to the room for them to get comped at the end.
    We also leave the hotel around 4am to head to the airport and don't have a chance to gamble. Even if we do have time for some play we won't use our card to prevent adversely affecting average daily play.
    There is only time to eat breakfast.

If breakfast is charged to the room will that trigger our card and cause that extra day to be calculated into our daily average play?
    Is it best to pay for that breakfast with cash instead of charging it to the room?

2. SandPete

SandPete Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Gambling day should end at about 5-6am depending on where you staying, so in that regard you should just use your card and gamble away, no idea how hotel spend works but if its before you check out... wont change anything I guess

3. newmans

newmans VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, if you charge breakfast to your room on check out day, it will generate a gaming day. Having said that, if your host comps your bill on check out day, I believe it generates a gaming day as well.
    I think the only way around it is if your host clears your bill on the night before you leave and you don't charge anything on the day you check out, there isn't a gaming day generated.

4. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Pretty sure we will see lots of response, and many will be wrong. Which ones? Who knows?

Even a host could get it wrong as they will answer it based on what they think is right. The only way to KNOW is to test the various scenarios and identify the overall ADT before and after each event. Back when we could see our ADT, many of us realized that the hosts had some bad information.

Personally, I try to cash out at the front desk the night before. Use any RCs,etc. Then do zero tracked activity after that. We always wait and eat at the airport for early flights, so that helps.

5. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Before 4 am you're going to be still on the previous day for sure.

6. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My only concern with doing this is that I could be paying $200-$400 worth of extra charges bill to my room that my host would be writing off. Isn't that correct or will the host reimburse it? I am assuming the host will look and figure since I paid it then no need to comp it.

7. Royal Flusher

Royal Flusher Savvy Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Valid concerns... some gaming days start at 3:00am so playing after that or triggering a day could hose your average. Best thing to do is try to get everything taken care of the night before, and talk to the host and slot club for your particular property about what might affect your average.

8. luvzmuzik

luvzmuzik Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would appreciate a little more information from those of you who understand all the intricate details of how comps work. I have never given a thought to charging breakfast to my room the morning we are checking out. I get a daily food/beverage "allowance" of $350 at the Bellagio so if I stay for three nights, I have $1,050 credit for the trip. I am comped very well overall and don't have much to complain about but could I really be hurting myself by charging a $40-50 breakfast at 9:00am before I check out and leave for the airport? I never play on my morning of departure. In other words, would my theo be higher if I avoided a room charge on day of departure, even if I had some of my food allowance still available? I just always assumed that my host understood these things and takes care of me but then again, I never asked. Maybe I should!?

9. shifter

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No this whole thing only applies at CET.

10. newmans

newmans VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can confirm the following. I had a 5 night stay. I charged breakfast to my room on the 6th morning. My host was off and cleared my bill on the 7th day (the day after I checked out). CET saw it as 7 gaming days. So, 5 nights in the hotel, a room charge on the day if check out and comping my charges the day after I left equaled 7 gaming days for me. As a result, my ADT was considerably smaller.

11. Packer

Packer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think im missing something but in my case if I generate 25k in theo over 4 days who cares what my ADT is? Get your 50.00 breakfast the day you are leaving as you have plenty of theo to cover it. Or, you have a great relationship with your host and it doesn't matter anyway. And yes, a host can credit any charges that were charged to your credit card the next day or the next month!

12. Rush

Rush MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always get a breakfast comp before I go to bed for the night.

13. shifter

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you're doing 25k theo, you're not worried about these things.

If you're just barely getting room offers,

diluting your ADT for breakfast can be an issue.

14. nostresshere

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You are right, for that particular trip. Host will look at your play and say -"Great, got you covered".

But, once you leave, the numbers go into the great ADT calculator in the sky. Your 25k theo will be averaged over the number of days. IF a 3 day trip, you have a 8k ADT. If a 4 day trip in the computer, yo now have a 6k theo. Offers and value to CET will of course then vary.

15. Kickin

Kickin Flea

I once got a printout of my stats from MGM. It was a 4-night trip and in the printout it was listed as a 5 day trip. I don't know if its because a 4-night trip is automatically considered 5 days or if its because I played that 5th day, though my guess is its the former. Nonetheless there was no ADT listed, just total theo and comp data for the entire trip. So I had nothing to work backwards from.

16. nostresshere

Trips to Las Vegas:
    From what I can figure, CET is big on average day. They do look at the trip for backend comps, but for future comps, it is average day. MGM leans more towards the entire trip.

Disclosure - I don't have a clue if that is right.

17. newmans

newmans VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agreed. Back end comps are based on trip theo (give or take based on history). Offers are ADT based.
    To someone like Packer with 25k per trip in theo, 1 or 2 extra gaming days would be irrelevant.
    If someone generated $6k in theo on a 3 night stay, you would think ADT would be 2k. If the same player had breakfast on check out day, ADT drops to $1500. If his host was off for a couple days and comped his bill 2 days later, ADT drops to $1200. No one would worry about getting the $50 breakfast comped, but offers would be impacted.

Question for Mlife players ....... Does mlife not care if you generate $10k of theo over a 2 night trip vs a 5 night trip??

18. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.