1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Hello from Toronto

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by Sweetvibes, Jan 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sweetvibes

Sweetvibes Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Long time Vegas addict but only recently found this thread! I have been 13 times before and would consider myself a semi-veteran, so I can share a lot, but also realize there is always more to learn.

From Toronto, and will provide a Canadian perspective for 2015 as I have 7 trips already booked and planned.

Looking forward to having some fantastic contributions on this forum.

2. scohitch

scohitch Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hello from a former Brampton resident. The thread is fun and has lots of interesting stories and details. Post as many replies as you can, quickly, so you can access the countdown timer. There is nothing like replying to a thread and seeing that you have four days left until Vegas.

Enjoy!

3. Sweetvibes

Sweetvibes Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good ol' Brampton!, I lived there for a number of years myself!

I am already full immersed in this thread, and wonder how I never stumbled on this before with the amount I think about Vegas.

Thanks for the info on the timer, that is definitely exciting, With my planned trips this year, each timer shouldn't be longer than 30 days :) (is this a a little too crazy?)

4. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome to the board! Look forward to reading your posts...

5. bobby jones

bobby jones VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hello from Burlington - 7 trips for 2015???

Do you have business reasons or too much free time:)

6. Sweetvibes

Sweetvibes Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If my business is pleasure then yes it is all business :)

This has been my longest Vegas drought (1.8 years since my previous trip) and so I decided to go big.

I also have a bank of frequent flyer points specifically with Southwest that are going to fund most of these trips.

Being from Burlington I am sure you make the frequent trips to BUF airport to fly to Vegas.

7. scohitch

scohitch Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    B-Town represent! When I wanted to save, I'd drive from Brampton to fly out of Buffalo. They have great hotel stay and park deals for under $100 and tickets were $200 less, per person.

8. Sweetvibes

Sweetvibes Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Scohitch,

Yes exactly. However with the USD dollar where it is, those savings are not where they used to be.

Nonetheless, the extra drive is almost negated when you consider the time required to be at YYZ prior to the "international flight" vs. BUF and domestic.

9. Char1

Char1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome to the board fellow Toronto Dude!

10. Sweetvibes

Sweetvibes Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Char1,

Thanks dude. Our stats are virtually identical...Are you my long lost twin?

11. Ala Raj

Ala Raj Newbie

Hello
    I am also Ontario . I am from east of Toronto. I am planning my first trip in April. I have not booked anything yet. Not sure whether to get a package trip or book individually. Thinking of making day trip or overnight to Gran Canyon too. Any tips?

12. Sweetvibes

Sweetvibes Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ahhhh the first trip. The virginity and the innocense. Nothing can beat the first trip with every single thing you do being a brand new experience. Generally speaking packages are not a good value, (but it also depends on what type of hotel you are comfortable staying at) Grand Canyon you can do in a few hours via helicopter would be my suggestion but again it also depends on how long you are staying for. As your first trip, and depending on your budget I would do at least 5 nights.

13. bobby jones

bobby jones VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am quite familiar with the airport Anchor bar at Buffalo airport:)

14. Char1

Char1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey that's what the numbers say!

15. wellwood

wellwood Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I also hail from Toronto. went to Vegas for my first time this past September and I fell in love. I'm already planning to go back in the summer .. and hopefully I can scrounge up enough money to go on a whim before then. I was thinking about saving up for Leafs tickets, but I feel like I have better odds at experiencing a win in Vegas than I do at a Leafs game :p

16. Sweetvibes

Sweetvibes Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is more true than ever!!.
    I am glad you got the vegas bug.
    Understand though that this disease is chronic and there is no cure :)

17. pleasemum

pleasemum High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome Sweetvibes. Although I don't post often here - I am on here daily reading the contributions - it is great board!!

Now let's talk about your 7 trips - wow!! I can understand if I lived in California - actually I think I would be in Vegas at least once a month - but from Toronto - 2 X a year is what I can manage between work and family.

Buffalo is great to fly from but now with the dollar as it is (as most have made mention) you can find reasonable rates out of Toronto. I actually live a few minutes from Pearson but have driven to Buffalo for awesome deals with Southwest

18. Sweetvibes

Sweetvibes Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Pleasemum,

Normally and historically 2x a year is what I have done as well. However with all my points and flying perks I decided to go big this year and aim for seven - all out of Buffalo and all on Southwest. It also helps the flights and stays at Cosmo are comped. I am by no means anywhere close to a High Roller but I am sure even with those benefits most Vegas addicts would do what I am doing.

Where the dollar where it stands these comps become more beneficial. I too actually live about fifteen min from Pearson, but still find flights to be around $600+ for any given weekend. I know weekday travel is much cheaper.

Ill definitely make an attempt at a TR, perhaps with a little Canadian flavour.

19. pleasemum

pleasemum High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Look forward to a trip report with the a "little Canadian flavour". You are right - comp flights and rooms help. We hope to be at Cosmo in early May.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.