1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Drinking All Day

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by boudge7, Mar 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boudge7

boudge7 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    March Madness is approaching and we have an all you can drink top shelf package. If you start at 9am and drink straight through to 9pm, then bottle service that night what would your drinking strategy be for maximum value and also somewhat coherent thinking all day?

2. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This sounds exactly like how I am in vegas besides the all you can drink package. The difference is that 9 am is around i am going to bed. Pleepleus can help with the moderation part.

3. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You gotta get a base down with a couple Bloody Mary's/Bloody Caesar's. Then you are in maintenance mode, so no-consequence Mexican beach beers or if you skipped the tom juice regimen in the morn for something else, Micheladas. When dinner rolls around and you're building up the foundation with a good slab of cow and the trims, avoid high-tannin wines, so Pinot or Rhone blends. Once it is dark, vodka is your friend. And, truth be told, lotsa water along the way will not hurt.

4. RiddickBull

RiddickBull VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm the same. We usually start around 8 am (I live in EST) and end the next day in the afternoon when in Vegas.

Depends on what you drink. If you do beer, it's pretty easy to stay coherent. Once you start taking shots, it's downhill from there.

I recommend drinking some redbull and vodka or coffee at night to keep going. You can always do a bump to sober up and keep going.

Try to eat some food if you can. Water is always good also.

Disclaimer: Not many people can go that hard. Most people (>90%) are dead after 8 hours of drinking. You need to go in beast mode if you want to endure the entire night. Go hard or don't go is my motto.

5. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think you know how i go lol

6. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LOL! I love this thread already. Drinking all day is a talent. One I don't excel at. :drunk: I have to take a break in the afternoon and have a big meal and a nap. The Buffoons that go from day drunk at the pool straight to night partying amaze me. I don't know how they do it.

For me, I try not to go crazy with shots and stick to one or two kinds of alcohol. If I'm drinking margaritas in the morning and switch up to brown liquor at night and then top that off with beer, I'm going to derail for sure.

I try to drink plenty of water, especially during the day, and eat regular meals and snacks. When I'm drinking a lot, my body likes to say it doesn't need food. It is wrong. :)

7. RiddickBull

RiddickBull VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Indeed. You are definitely a top 1%.

8. boudge7

boudge7 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We usually hit the club late evening and definitely pound red bull and vodka which is my drink of choice but I don't think I could drink those all day without having a heart attack.

My fear is too much variety could be no bueno. I'm thinking about a progression of coffee and baileys, then white russians, then ????, then vodka red bulls to unconsciousness.

9. carolineno

carolineno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not an all day drinker. However, I am really cheap, and would not balk at the challenge. Personally, my body seems almost unaffected by tequila, so I'd probably start with a paloma at breakfast and work out to other tequila drinks from there. Add food and water, maybe some rando Excederins, and you're good. Or champagne...wait is this just liquor or anything with alcohol? All day champagne would be pretty easy for me :)

10. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't drink alcohol. I miss out on all of the good promotions and a lot of the fun. :cry:

However, I'm a great designated driver. :thumbsup:

11. Landshark

Landshark Way into it...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If I've not been drinking most of the day in Vegas, starting with a Mimosa or a Bloody Mary, I'm a little pissed off.

12. NJS24

NJS24 Voice of Reason

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Many of these suggestions sound like the itinerary to my first day/night in Vegas... Which is why day 2 is typically uneventful.

13. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You are a saint among sinners in Las Vegas.

My g/f doesn't drink very much. But that's very important if we have a car.

Kicking off the Trip with Two New Hotels to Us!!!
  14. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not so sure being pissed/hungover/pissed etc. is necessarily a lot of fun.

15. PayTriple

PayTriple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And especially if you can't even remember what happened the next day!

16. Bo333

Bo333 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Now that I'm slightly older than I was ;) I generally don't start drinking to at least noon.

17. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In my younger days, (about 20-30 years ago) I could go all day drinking! On my days off from work, of course. I can't do that now. Health and old age, I guess.

But I do drink while in Vegas, it just doesn't take much to get me tipsy. So I'll drink a beer and screwdriver every so often with water in between. My doctor would ask me on every check-up " Have you been drinking?" as she looked over the results of my blood test.

"Heavens, no!" I would reply. :evillaugh :evillaugh :evillaugh

18. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you're at a place that serves food, don't forget to eat. That'll mess you up fast.

19. crasher11

crasher11 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    3 drinking buddies and I try to hit Vegas at least once every year and the first day is usually the hardest on me .

Our Vegas trip usually starts out with a couple cocktails at the airport before boarding and usually a drink on the plane, then after getting to the hotel, the binge drinking starts.. I am good till about 2am and then its off to bed for me. If I don't the second day is spent nursing my wounds.

The guys I go with are apparently former speed walking champions, and I am doing the old fat guy shuffle down the strip, holding on dearly to my 2 tall boy bud lights. If I stayed up all night , the party would be over before it began

20. WichitaMuskie

WichitaMuskie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I typically get into Vegas and want to binge drink. I don't plan it that way, but I'll have a beer, and it tastes so good that I want to drink it quickly and get another, and then it starts to feel good, so I want to drink even more, because if you feel good with some beer, you've got to feel even better with a LOT of beer, right?!? Perfect logic. Of course, before long I am very tired, and the only way I'm going to be able to drink again is to take a nap.

So during one of the insufferable breaks between Vegas trips, I came up with a brilliant plan/experiment: if I slowed down my drinking to one drink an hour (maintenance level drinking), I bet I could drink for 24 straight hours. So the next time I was in Vegas, I had a beer in Bellagio sports book at about 9am, and the clock was ticking. We headed to the Venetian, where I had a Le Fin du Monde (great beer, but probably not a great choice for this sort of day). We played around there for a bit and eventually made our way over to the Encore for a few drinks and some blackjack. Then we walked over to The Steakhouse at Circus Circus for dinner and a couple glasses of wine. Afterwards we cabbed over to the Bellagio to meet up with a guy I work with who just happened to be in town for some blackjack, pai gow and vodka red bulls (caffeine was needed at this point to pep things up). My buddy and I were playing a third spot on the pai gow table together, and I recall him saying that we had a "strip club hand", which I believe was a straight flush ($250 bonus). So off to the strip club we went (who knows which one), and I switched to Bud (lower alcohol content was important at this point). After a lappy, I was ready to head back, but my buddy was otherwise occupied, so I cabbed it back to the Harrah's to play some more pai gow. My buddy showed up a couple of hours later. I think it was about 2:00 at that point, and he stayed until about 4:00. I headed to the craps table (sticking to Bud, but I'm not sure I was still sticking to one an hour), and had some pretty good luck. Finally, about noon I was asleep on my feet at the craps table and headed back upstairs, up about a thousand at the craps table and having made it 27 straight hours with at least one drink Success!

Except that I woke up Sunday morning at about 10am and did not exactly feel great at that point. So I CAN literally drink all day (and all night) in Vegas. I just found out that it's really not a very good idea.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.