1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MIrage room -- suite upgrade question

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by seven-eleven, Mar 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seven-eleven

seven-eleven Newbie

Wife and I are headed out to stay in the Mirage in a few weeks. I have booked a king tower resort room for 4 nights.

Today I get an offer from the Mirage asking me if I want to upgrade to a Penthouse suite for $ 150/night. Too pricey for me however does anyone know if they wiggle on that price? or throw in freebies like free buffet's, free show etc at their resort?

If they offered me a few free meals or something like that, I would take the upgrade and pay the price. Just wondering. Do not need the larger room, but it would be cool to stay in one if the price was right. :thumbsup:

Thanks, nice forum by the way!!

2. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've made lowball offers for upgrades at check in successfully a couple of times (not at Mirage), but it was 4 or 5 years ago when things were bad, and it was during slow times of the year.

You can always throw a number out there like $75/night and see what happens. They won't do it in advance, you have to take your chances on what inventory is when you arrive.

3. Mafioso

Mafioso Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My M-LIFE offer gives me 3 free nights in a deluxe room I can upgrade for 37.50 So if you do not have that option, Then throwing a number up like 75 like chuck said above should work perfectly.
    And Enjoy the Mirage as it may be MGM owned but the architect was Steve Wynn and that man knows how to build masterpeices.

4. Tammy58

Tammy58 Frugal Slot Jockey

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I booked a Tower Suite and through the mlife site the penthouse suite would have been 37.50 more per night ( other than decor they are essentially the same suite) I received an email upgrade offer to upgrade for $50 night....I laughed since I could have upgraded cheaper from the beginning. One thing I will tell you about Mirage Penthouse/Tower suites is that the 1 bedrooms sell out quite often ahead of time. Last year both of our trips we booked 6 months in advance and I couldn't get a 1 bedroom tower suite either trip. My upcoming dates the 1 bedroom towers are not available any longer. If it means a lot to you upgrade now otherwise it should be cheaper at checkin.

5. seven-eleven

seven-eleven Newbie

They want to upgrade me to the 1200 SF Penthouse with full height glass, very top floor, separate living area etc. I am currently booked for a resort tower +- 600 SF. Thanks everyone, I will wait till we arrive to see what they may offer.

6. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A few days out, I always check the room availability thru their reservations and see what they have. If you see that they still are showing the Penthouse suites for booking, then your chances of getting a better deal on the upgrade improve.

I know it's not the Mirage, but I have had Cosmo ask me if I wanted to upgrade from their basic room to a wraparound terrace suite for $300 more per night. I passed and, when I checked in, I was offered the same thing for $150 more per night. I ended up getting it for $50 more instead. :thumbsup:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.