1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Searsucker at Caesars

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by DeeDee, Mar 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeeDee

DeeDee Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Will anybody be going to this new restaurant?. Says its opening in the spring. Any news on exact date?

2. azlefty

azlefty VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was taken out to Searsucker in San Diego and most of the people I was with loved it, but it was way too foodie for my taste and budget. The same chef also runs a wait-in-line lunch place right near my office that a lot of people like and some of the recipes were identical. (I got the pulled bbq chicken at Green Acre and realized it was the exact same thing I had ordered at Searsucker.). That said, I expect the prices in Vegas will be much higher. You might read some of these reviews to determine if you think it is for you.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/searsucker-del-mar
    http://www.yelp.com/biz/green-acre-san-diego

3. DeeDee

DeeDee Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks azlefty. I am on the fence. I am a foodie but that being said hate paying crazy prices.

4. texdan17

texdan17 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We also had dinner at Searsucker in SD and were underwhelmed. It was a bit too pretentious and overpriced for the food quality. Really disappointed because we like to try out places from our favorite Top Chef folks... I'm gonna pass on the Vegas location.

5. klawrey

klawrey High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just announced the other day. Friday March 27th.

6. fenway68

fenway68 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Based on some of those reviews, I don;t see it surviving Vegas...Vegas is not about minamlist food from a TV chef; (just my humble opinion); "Big" food yes...

7. DeeDee

DeeDee Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree. Won't be going until someone posts a review and see if it will be different but don't see it happening.

8. vegasbound

vegasbound VIP Whale

Went last night and it was good. Items were hit and miss, but they I'm sure they'll find their stride. The bone marrow, though, wow! Outstanding. The milk and cookies are the perfect decadent treat. Officially opens tomorrow. They'll be open til 2:30 nights when Omnia is open, others it will close at 11pm. Service was top notch. Prices aren't outrageous, fair really, especially considering location (more than SD location). Bites are less than ten bucks, appetizers, salads and sides $10-$18 and entrees $25-$42.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.