1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Sterling Brunch at Bally's

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by pphold, Mar 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pphold

pphold pp Park Place Degenerate

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was wondering about trying the Sterling Brunch This Saturday. I have heard so mix reviews since the remodel.

Has anyone gone there for Brunch in 2015? And Do they still have it on Saturday?

Thanks

2. rooster42000

rooster42000 Goat of all Goats , My Hero

Trips to Las Vegas:
    its only on Sunday

3. pikabu

pikabu Low roller, but always enjoy the ride!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Went there in December 2014; still good after the remodel. If you like lobster and champagne; it can't be beat!

4. oghuman

oghuman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was never at the original, but was there a week ago and liked it. I agree with pikabu's comment. Ask for Hugo to be your server, he was great.

5. pleepleus

pleepleus 2016 - The monkey is back

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It is only Sundays now. It's been 3 months since they got rid of the Saturday option. I feel the quality has gone down and the pricing has gone up. It's truly only worth it if you like can get your fill of lobster, American "caviar", and lots of champagne. My friend's record is drinking 3 bottles of Perrier Jouet by himself there. He stumbled all the way back to Venetian.

6. pphold

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OK Pleepleus I think you can break that record of 3 bottles. Lets try it. Its on me if you drink more than three bottles.

7. pleepleus

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nobody wins in that scenario. However, if you allowed me to sub in broncofn or Packer, I may take that bet.

I prefer the Sunday brunch at Mandarin Orientel at MOzen if I had to choose.

8. jammer23

jammer23 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's worth it if you like lobsters and champagne. The food is good, but it doesn't wow me. The selections can be limited. The reason I go there every time I'm in Vegas is because it's close (I usually stay at Bally's).

Tip: ask for espresso/latte if you prefer that over drip coffee.

9. pphold

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm going for the Lobster and king crab legs and caviar. You know I don't really drink. so the Perrier Jouet is a waste as I'll only drink one or two glasses.

Who else has Lobster on there brunch? The Rio Village seafood had Maine Cold water lobster a few years back but they only have Rock lobsters/ slipper lobsters now.

10. CinnamintStick

CinnamintStick High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am sad ghat the Saturday brunch is no longer. But to me the sterling brunch is better than it ever has been with the new owners.

11. Check-Raise

Check-Raise High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How much is the sterling brunch? Did someone say king crab legs?

if this brunch has king crab legs it'll be worth almost any cost...

12. pleepleus

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's about $100 per person

13. BethGarden

BethGarden Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We went the beginning of December. The selections of salads and desserts are not as extensive as the old Sterling Brunch but the main dishes were about the same. We took my daughter and her husband and they loved the King Crab legs. The desserts were good but they no longer have someone making Cherries Jubilee or Bananas Foster just prepared desserts. They also forgot to give my daughter and myself a rose as we left which would never have happeced before. They actualy ran after me one time to be sure to give me my rose and they always remembered your name. We will still go but it is not quite the experience it used to be.

14. Username

Username VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Beth, please don't take this personal but do folks always bring up and judge a buffet by their desserts....who gives a flying F*** by then, I full and ready for a nap....LOL

But back to business here when it comes to the Sterling Brunch.........it's expensive, very very expensive but IMHO worth every penny if you drink champagne and love rich foods. So here's how to attack this brunch and get way more then your money's worth.

Everyone here has either tried or dreamed about a tasting menu at a over priced restaurant and now here's you chance at half the price.....however, you must do it right.........SKIP all the breads, pastas and salads today and rush right over to the high end foods....but WAIT ! ! !.....first ONLY use the very small salad/dessert plates today. This forces you into keep getting up and try even more exotic goodies like fresh oysters and caviar that I know is never served in your kitchen. Also get yourself ONE lobster tail on one of these MANY trips back to the buffet............you can always get another one later but there is too many other goodies to try now including filet mignon or king crab legs and don't forget the roast duck........the list goes on and on and on.

Now about that expensive champagne........we (wife and I) asked and they said there is a 3 bottle limit so I said then 3 bottles it will be......LOL (Mike & Molly episode).....not really no limit.

Now and only now if you think you can still stuff your pie hole one last time tell waiter "Duff" you're ready for coffee and make that last trip up to the dessert table and load up......those creamy, butter delights made my eyes roll back into my head and the coffee Duff served was the best ever.

Three hours later we stumbled back to Harrah's for a well deserved nap to do it all over again somewhere else on the strip :)

15. MrsFuri

MrsFuri Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    After a lot of hype... I really thought the Sterling Brunch was overrated... and I love champs, caviar, lobster and prime rib.

We had a great booth table, but the service was really terrible, the food was OK... all in all, we were disappointed. There are better brunch options... we like:

The Border Grill at MB
    Lavo at Palazzo
    Jazz Brunch at Wynn Country Club
    Jasmine at Bellagio

Whatever you decide, enjoy!

To Our Luck,

-MrsFuri

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.