1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

SWA sale possibilities?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by burdog, Feb 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. burdog

burdog Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are looking at a June trip and my DW really prefers to fly out of CMH and direct. Prices are over $900 for those guidelines and flexibility on her request are not optional due to our health. SWA used to have sales every so often but the only thing are their "$73" sales pitch like every Tuesday and the prices CMH-LAS never change. Anybody have any thoughts on when (or even if) SWA might have a real sale? Thanks all.

2. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry, but you are at the mercy of supply and demand. I took a quick look at the Flexible scheduling menu and there are $228 nonstop flights available every day that month. Not "anytime or all day", but they are available.

The $73 sale is the best that I think we'll see while oil prices are low.

3. VPDana

VPDana High-Roller

I live in the Midwest, St. Louis, MO to be exact.
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just posted elsewhere that I got tired of waiting for SWA to have a sale. Same as you, $73 Sales but the St. Louis - LV fares didn't budge. So, I went with Frontier for this next trip. Our fare, including baggage & seat charges, is half of what SWA would be.

4. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have been flying SWA, CMH to LAS since 2008. I have yet to see one of those low dollar teaser sales apply to that flight. I have gotten some cheap flights, but not for two years or so. The prices have pretty much been stagnant since since 2013. No big ups and downs like there used to be. I have paid $360 to $420 or so round trip for my last 5 or 6 flights.

5. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We've drove to KC to fly out two trips in a row now. The gouging in STL is pretty ridiculous. The only way it's going to go down is if you see them offering one of those "mileage sales".

6. atcmurph

atcmurph Watcher Of The Skies

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I fly out of IND. It is a little tiring to see SWA's so-called "sales" that never apply to me.

7. oldcrabtom

oldcrabtom High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm pretty unhappy about it too, but, whatchagonnado ?

8. ajp

ajp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I also fly out of MCI. Paid $171 round trip in December. For my easter trip flying Saturday and Monday cash price was $253. Of course this is on the nonstop and picking the good times to fly. If I wanted to leave KC at 7am and vegas at 11pm I could pay less than $200.

9. chef

chef Resident Buffetologist

Forget about SWA. There isn't anything special about them anymore in regard to "sale" prices.

10. ajp

ajp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They are the cheapest carrier to vegas for me. Unless you get a spirit sale and want to fly out at 1am.

11. bluesdude

bluesdude VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    SWA out of MKE is well over $400 for our late April early May trip. It sucks but at this point, it might be our only choice. I don't like Spirit, Frontier out of MKE always stops over in Denver. Currently everyone else seems unbelievably high!! I will try and remain patient for lower prices.

Dead & Co with my son! June 4 or 5th - June 8th
  12. Rush

Rush MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Unfortunately, everyone is flying to Las Vegas! You don't need to offer cheap prices, when supply is in demand.

13. roycpa

roycpa High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    From STL Southwest is about the highest priced carrier there is. Unfortunately, they and Frontier have the only non-stops. Oh for the good old days when there was actually competition between them, AA, and TWA! For us in Cent. IL, the higher fares from the three airports in the area look cheap, when you consider that parking is free at all of them and there are usually easy connections in DFW (on AA) and ORD (on UA). If you have an AA credit card your bag flies free as well, so that SW advantage is also gone. That plus the security lines locally usually have a wait time of less than 1 minute. You can also fly Allegiant NS from PIA, but they only fly 3 - 4 times a week, and after having family members stranded overnight when the flight had "issues", we don't use them. My wife doesn't like Ohare in the middle of winter, so our trips are mostly on AA. We're hoping that once the US air integration is completed we'll have more choices. Right now it's virtually impossible to use our accumulated frequent flyer miles.

14. alamode36

alamode36 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    SWA was our "go-to" airline for over 20 years - no matter where we were looking to go and more than 25x rt to Vegas. In the past year or two they haven't been competitive on ANY of the routes we want, especially to LAS.

15. Happi

Happi MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I checked their site on Sunday, then today I checked their site... They now have a Spring sale. About $20 less each way from SDF to Las...Every bit helps..

16. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I also fly out of MKE, also going early May, paying $416 on Southwest. I don't like stops and I hate Frontier so SW is the best option for me.

17. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Same here. Looking at $434 on SWA for May 29, but they are killing me with these new departure times from MKE. 5:50 AM. Our April trip is 6:50 AM, now they made it an hour earlier in May.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.