1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Hawaii may get a new carrier this year service from SFO & LAX

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Bernie2, Feb 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bernie2

Bernie2 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It seems that Virgin America may start flying from SFO-HNL and secondary market LAX in October. They may add service to the other islands but time will tell. Now as I said before if this bears fruit and SWA starts service fares will come down good for the consumer. Certainly good for out HI members.

2. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We heard about this rumor for a few years (I think he first commented about it in 2008) but it is highly doubtful that it will happen this year IMHO (much as we would appreciate the competition). There is too much paperwork and approvals that need to be completed before they can get off the ground. SW has touted their Hawaii route for a couple of years but it was still a 2 year process, SW said that they will start their Hawaii service in 2015 but I haven't heard anything recently if that will happen.

I hope that I am wrong though (with the Virgin America comment), we really need more competition here. Allegiant offered an alternative but is too unpredictable (cancelled or delayed flights, airplane problems with no replacement plane so you don't fly until the next day, nickel and dime fees, etc.) that most people shy away from them for Hawaii flights.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2015
  3. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Another carrier would be great for you guys. I'm always shocked when I price mainland-islands-mainland and then see what you guys pay for islands-mainland-islands. Luckily we have Alaska Air from multiple accessible airports to multiple islands.

I can't see getting on an Allegiant plane and heading out over 2500 miles of Big Blue. I mean, I don't know that they actually drop a lot of planes, but with Terri's experiences, what you hear and read ... no thanks. And I like a certain level of service and fit/finish on an excursion like that; going steerage on a highly anticipated jaunt to paradise would suck.

Man, you got me jonesing for Kauai or the BI!!!

Last edited: Feb 26, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.