1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

NCAA finals game

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by hrt4girls, Feb 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hrt4girls

hrt4girls Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does anyone have suggestions for a place that our little group of 3 can watch the final game on Monday, April 6? At home we would go to a sports bar, but not sure about where to go in Vegas. I am assuming that the seats in all the sports books will be full and taken early in the day. We don't want to waste a day saving seats. We don't mind paying for our drinks while we are watching the game. Watching it in our room is not an option because although we would have a great view of the television, we would miss the fun of the crowd.

2. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would check with various restaurants like Blondies, The Pub, Double Barrel Saloon, etc... And see if they have any packages. I know Blondies does packages for UFC fights so it'd be worth to reach out to various places. But it's not going to be anything like the super bowl.

3. chef

chef Resident Buffetologist

The final game doesn't garner anything close to what the previous two weekends of MM does. It anticlimatic to the event itself; so you should be able to find a seat in a sports book.

4. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Even the final four and the championship are kind of underwhelming now that they are in football stadium seating 70k. I got tickets to a final for $40 each.

5. KellyLovesVegas

KellyLovesVegas Earthling/retired space nerd

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One year we did both our annual trip for opening week and weekend of the NCAA tournament, and then went back for Final Four and the Championship game - what a disappointment! There was minimal atmosphere in the books and no huge crowds of crazy basketball fans.

No thanks!

6. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't say that! :cry: I have the same plan this year. Actually, work won't permit to stay through Monday for the championship, but I will go back Saturday for the final four

I Need Spa
  7. chef

chef Resident Buffetologist

But, it's true. Here how I would rank March Madness - 1. the first weekend of the tourney, 2. the second weekend of the tourney, 3. conference tournament weekend, 4. Final Four.

And, perhaps No. 2 and No. 3 are interchangeable. Those conference events have gotten more and more popular.

8. stickc

stickc Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    UK,,,,You guys barring 5 injuries will be there for sure,,,,,Watched yall destroy the Tide in Tuscaloosa,,WOW,,,athletic,,,

9. stackinchips

stackinchips VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I actually prefer the conference tournament week to the opening weekend of MM for a few reasons:

There are actually more games and there are games on all day every day throughout the week, not just TFSS.

It's plenty busy, but not too busy, so flights are more reasonable, the restaurants aren't packed, it's not hard to find an open dice table, etc. But there is still plenty of vibe and action going on.

There are actual conference tournaments in town, so you get that crowd around, and you can even go take in a live game if you want.

And to a lesser degree - it's fun to "ride" a team through a conference tournament. There's always a team who gets hot and will run to a conference championship as a dog in every game. Those can be big moneymakers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.