1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

After midnight tonight

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by broncofn, Feb 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You are allowed in DC to have 2 grams of marijuana in your own home to enjoy or use.

Not sure if that is much but you still cant buy from a "dealer" or smoke it in public. What gets me is that you cannot buy it from a dealer, so how are you supposed to get it (welcome to the nations capitol). Its not for medicinal purposes lol.

What is everyones thoughts on this?

2. bta15

bta15 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's kinda crappy. 2 grams will go fast. I figure as long as you don't get caught mid buy you are good.

It was legalized here in alaska Tuesday. I think u can have an ounce on your person or 2 ounces at home and 6 plants.

They say shops should open in mid 2016. I think it's cool even though I quit when my first kid was born.

3. Packer

Packer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't partake the myself but Just heard this on the news. Broncofn, a of midnight tonight you can have 2 oz not 2 gr. I could be wrong.

4. ronc

ronc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    "Nearly two thirds of D.C. voters approved Initiative 71 in November. Under Initiative 71, people ages 21 or older will be allowed to have two ounces or less of marijuana, use marijuana on private property and give one ounce or less to another person as long as no money, goods or services are exchanged to the person (also 21 years of age or older)."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/02/25/dc-marijuana-legalization/24033803/

I'm not going to get into the politics of it, but it isn't my thing...

5. pleepleus

pleepleus 2016 - The monkey is back

Trips to Las Vegas:
    2 ounces is a LOT of the green stuff. There is just no way that anyone could smoke that much in a decent amount of time. This would be like going to Costco and buying 10 handles of booze and saying, "Yeah. It's for personal consumption today."

6. NCAAHoops

NCAAHoops VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think the folks who wrote the law were using it at the time they wrote it.

7. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That may be good for your business Bronc! Maybe you should put in a Smore's grill?

8. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Back home in Louisiana the drinking age was 18 for the longest time. Eventually the federal government was strong arming states to up it to 21 by withholding highway funds. So Louisiana made it where you had to be 21 to buy it. Notice what I said, 21 to buy. Nowhere did the law say you had to be 21 to have it sold to you. So the liquor store was in the clear, you bought at your own risk. Also if you were the member of a private club you could legally drink at 21. Finally all those loopholes are closed. But in most college towns you can get into most bars at 18 anyway. And he's even in New Orleans the age is 21 and he's toucan have an open container on the street. Just ask your waiter or bartender for a "go cup".

9. undathesea

undathesea Grandissimo

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was hearing about this on WTOP on the way home last night.

You can grow your own plants but I don't know where you're legally supposed to get the seeds from. You can't have it out in public and you can have up to two ounces.

I don't know how I feel about it... but I sure would like to own a late night pizza delivery place in DC right about now.

10. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Buying papa johns in Colorado is probably one of Peyton manning best career moves.

11. wanker751

wanker751 Dutch Rudder Enthusiast

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In Wisconsin I believe under 21 can still drink, even at a bar with parents/guardians present....

I know in Champaign where University of IL is the bars are 19 but they cannot be served...

12. Kickin

Kickin Flea

Well as the proprietor of grub spots in the area you should be happy for the inevitable increase in sales to stoners with munchies.

13. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In Washington, we've been legal for awhile. You can smell it when you walk around downtown Seattle on occasion, but out in the boonies where I live, communities are still fighting about how to handle the business. In our little NIMBY community, we have approved and denied about 15 operations for growing, and they decided they didn't want sales here. So far, one is still trying to grow here, but last I heard the "WHAT ABOUT THE CHILDRENZ" people have shut that idea down again.

In our county, you have to drive WAAAY out there to find the one retail store, although I heard of another that recently opened. Seattle still seems to have a majority of medical establishments, but a few retail places are having quite a bit of traffic.

I am in the "much ado about nothing" camp when it comes to the topic of marijuana. I don't see much difference between taking shots of Fireball or smoking pot. I don't want a 12 year old doing either of them, but what an adult chooses to do with their body is their business.

14. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh trust me I am lol. Especially since one place is right next to American university and all the students live in the area.

15. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You wanna go partners??

16. undathesea

undathesea Grandissimo

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LOL! I wish. We could serve the "Eetos" late night pizza and put your choice of cheetos, fritos, or doritos on top of it. I'm sure the stoners would flock like crazy.

Btw, what and where are your restaurants? I wanna swing by one of these bad boys and check it out.

17. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

I'm at the new market/deli one right now if you want to swing by. I will be here until 9 and can pm you the address.

18. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm right there with ya on this one...

Last edited: Feb 26, 2015
  19. abrolsma

abrolsma Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm out here as well and agree 100% with this sentiment. I'd add that it's less dangerous than drinking... It's REALLY HARD to speed and drive off the road at 2am while high. There's little damage you could do to someone going 7 MPH. :)

20. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow, triple posting. You know, a side effect of marijuana is short term memory loss. Just sayin'.:poke:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.