1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Grand Bazaar at Ballys

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Darvin, Feb 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darvin

Darvin Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is there an update on the opening of the Grand Bazaar shops? I was just on the website and in my opinion, this project is going to turn out a lot better than most of us originally thought. I am looking forward to walking through in May. If anybody has knowledge of opening or any recent pics or info that would be great.

2. deanandmaria

deanandmaria Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    According to reports, Thursday February 26th is opening day. I will be in Vegas on Friday, so I'm eager to walk around and see what's up.

3. Darvin

Darvin Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I saw the 26th date on the website but was hoping somebody has been by lately and has some pics. Also the website has a site map with store sizes and some general layout plans. Also wondering if any changes inside Ballys where it looks like the entrance is on the second level.

4. Tammy58

Tammy58 Frugal Slot Jockey

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm waiting patiently for the first few visitors to post reviews, pics, etc. Checking in at Bally's 3/31....can't wait to check out some of the shops and hoping to eat at Wallburgers.

5. jpatter471

jpatter471 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will be there Friday. I will try to get some pics and report back if nobody else has this weekend.

6. theghost

theghost Stuck at work, but should find a poker table

Trips to Las Vegas:
  7. btodd

btodd High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I follow Bally's on Instagram. They have been posting photos all day. Looks like it opened on time. Of course remember that it is the Bally's Instagram account....;) No idea as to whether or not all shops and services open. Will find out tomorrow when we arrive!

8. pleepleus

pleepleus 2016 - The monkey is back

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A lot of stores are definitely not open. They are rushing though.

9. kel3420

kel3420 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ballys did post a video on FB yesterday showing a walk thru thru the bazaar. It does look interesting. While I normally don't shop in Vegas, I did notice they had some interesting seating arrangements set up. I immediately thought that would be a great people watching spot. Someone did ask if the walkways are open, Ballys responded with "not yet". Another person just responded with "they haven't worked in two years anyway". Lol.

10. jmn3

jmn3 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LOL...I saw that post and I thought the exact same thing...those stupid walkways are ALWAYS broke!

11. chitownjohn

chitownjohn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  12. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I won't be surprised if the first reviews posted are " Meh... I preferred the well lit walkway and 3/2 BJ, Bally's will no longer see any of my business!"

Last edited: Feb 27, 2015
  13. jf3976

jf3976 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We walked through the area last night - I hadn't been following this, and we went to Jubilee at Ballys on Wednesday and there was no sign of opening soon IMO, then last night it was opened. Didn't take pictures, we aren't much for stopping to do that. Looked like many shops weren't open yet.

14. urbanphotos

urbanphotos Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Here's a photo from December

ballys entrance (2).jpg

I prefer the neon rings. This photo is from 2006.

ballys (13).jpg

15. REELmoneySlotFan

REELmoneySlotFan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There was nothing on that corner except street performers and people in Spiderman or Hello Kitty uniforms. So anything new is a step up in my book. I'm very curious to go have a look and I'm excited about the idea we'll find some new shops.

16. Darvin

Darvin Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It seems like the foot traffic will flow very nicely at this corner now, there appears to be some interesting tenants for the shops also. Has anybody found a video of the nightly Swarovski midnight show?

Last edited: Mar 1, 2015
  17. vegasfan2010

vegasfan2010 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not fully open yet.
    So far I have heard, not very nice looking during the day but looks good at night.

18. mrstealth

mrstealth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm with reelmoney on this one - that corner was getting totally out of hand the last couple of years in terms of the people hanging around on the street. And although this may not sound like anything special, neither does "carnival court", yet when you actually experience it, it can be a hell of a lot of fun. I think once the shops are filled and people start to mill around I think it will create a nice vibe. If it's not for you fine, but that doesn't mean other people may not really enjoy it. Personally, I would rather go to something like this that is outdoors and different, and offers some unique shops/vendors you won't find elsewhere.

19. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Checked this out last month. Yuck. I get that they wanted to make use of the space. That's fine. But now it feels like a flea market. A bunch of boring, nondescript "stores". And it was dead, very few people, most places had no customers. It's crap.

20. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't understand why they didn't first anchor it with some eateries and outdoor bar type venues. Something like Cabo Wabo has in front of PH would have been great up front. I can't believe they were in such a rush they filled it with junk shops first and are now playing catch up with the restaurants.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.