1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

WTF is going on at Sixt??

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by DaiLun, Feb 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They had become my rental car agency of choice, but are rapidly falling out of favor.

Their rates are starting to go more towards the big 3 than the "other 5".

March 12th, a one day rental of an eCar is $66.00 before taxes and fees. Payless is $50 after taxes and fees.

April 5th, three day rental.

Sixt is $66.00 a day before taxes and fees. Budget is $23.00 before taxes and fees.

I have double bookings both dates in case Sixt comes to their senses.

I am Gold (pushing Platinum) with Sixt.

2. mikeinctown

mikeinctown High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They base their rates just like everyone else, and that is with demand. I would imagine that everyone else is just like you and have used them as their go to provider, so demand for their vehicles may be high.

Your best bet is to just cancel your booking with them and watch. If more people cancel their bookings, you will see their rates start dropping. As it sits, they have no reason to reduce their rates because they think they have you tied down with a higher rate.

3. Iamrice

Iamrice High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah I've been looking at them for my trip in a couple of days and they been as much as double the price of Dollar!

Not much of a deal anymore.

4. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED Money’s on the way, with CashNetUSA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I usually pay $25 for a one day...but the best I can usually do is pickup Thursday @ 5pm, and Return Sunday @ anytime, for $60.
    This is through Avis (I imagine Budget would be the same; since they're the same company)

5. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So, this was the reply to my email:

"Thank you for your e-mail.

The rate we have provided you is the best rate based on availability. On our website we have a list of locations with the lowest rate based on demand for vehicles on selected dates. We do get rates very low rates as oposed to our competitors, keep in mind our rates are based on dates, demand and availability.
    Should you have any further questions please feel free to contact us again anytime.

Thank you for choosing Sixt."

He obviously didn't read my email, since I cited exactly which agencies got my business and how much less they were. A shame, I was getting to like them in Las Vegas.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.