1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

SWA - Catch 22 and a reason to book each flight separate, not RT.

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Joe, Feb 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I used to book each leg of our flight separate thinking it would be easier to rebook if the prices dropped. Listening to posters on VMB saying it wasn't necessary, I stopped doing it about a year ago. Now I have a reason to start doing it again.

My wife had a complaint about the free TV on our last SWA flight. They apologized and sent her a promo code for free wifi, free on demand tv for her next flight. Once a flight is booked, there is no way to enter the promo code without cancelling the flight and then rebooking it and entering the promo code.

Our next 3 trips are booked as round trip with Early Bird Boarding for each return flight. For our departure from home, I do the 24 hr EB check-in.

Anyway, you can change a flight and not lose EB boarding, but if you cancel a flight, you lose the $12.50 EB. With a RT, you can't cancel one leg of the trip.

Cancel my trip, lose $12.50 EB to get the $10 WiFi. :thumbsdown: Tried two different calls to SWA and they claim they can't help, a promo code has to be done on-line.:bang:

2. chef

chef Resident Buffetologist

Not sure if the $2.50 is worth quibbling over Joe.

3. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Principals!

4. topcard

topcard Here's to $10 3:2 two-deck, $5 Craps, and $5 UTH!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Joe - keep your EB on this flight.
    For your next SWA flight, set up the "free" WiFi when you book.

Annual Spring Trip!
  5. starlight0229

starlight0229 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hmm, I would have thought that you would be able to enter the promo code when you were accessing the internet once on board. I wouldn't have thought that it would need to be linked to a reservation.

6. macfisto

macfisto Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Right...my guess is that you enter the promo code while purchasing the Wifi on your flight.

7. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Top, but already booked for April, July & Oct all with EB on the returns.

8. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, I spoke to two different CS people at SWA and they said it had to be entered at the time of the ticket purchase.
    Will bring it along and try it on the plane, but I've given up the fight. :wink2:

9. LoveDowntownVegas

LoveDowntownVegas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always book RT, but in the event I complain about TV issues on a future flight and receive a voucher for free TV on my next flight, I'll keep this in mind ;)

seriously, I understand your point, but I'm really OK with booking a RT and saving the effort of booking on leg at a time.
    and as a side note I'm surprised an agent can't help you with that voucher. I just recently received my KTN for TSA pre check and SWA gladly added it to my existing reservations (which also says must be added at time of booking).

10. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I also have had no problem adding a KTN after the fact, but for now I'm just letting it go. Like I said, we'll take it on the flight and see what happens, but in 56 days, I'm sure I'll forget to report back on the results.

11. chef

chef Resident Buffetologist

Okay, I get it. This issue stems back to a deep-seated problem you had with one of your former school principals. indeed, principals can be a source of disciplinary angst and the like.

12. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So? Does anyone have any luck getting the "Free TV" to consistently work?

The best luck I've ever had is with that flight tracker, and that freezes every so often and I have to restart the phone.

I've tried the TV and all it seems to do is sit there and spin!

13. macfisto

macfisto Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last time I flew Southwest, I watched the free TV on my iPad for the entire flight....no glitches whatsoever.

14. LoveDowntownVegas

LoveDowntownVegas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In 56 days you will have just completed a wonderful weekend in Vegas and hopefully free TV will not be a concern! :)

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.