1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Checked Validity of Noir Card

Discussion in 'Comps' started by lotso-bear, Feb 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lotso-bear

lotso-bear VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does any restaurant or nightclub check the validity of a Noir card by typing it into a system or calling the mLife Desk? I have a friend who dropped to Plat last year, but has a Noir card without an expiration date. He's had success in using it at two restaurants (one asked for ID, the other didn't) so far...

2. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Guess it depends on what your friend was using it for. if he was just flashing a Noir card to try and get a better table, they aren't going to run the card through their system. They don't have to. There is an expiration date on the front of it. But that's only if the attendant actually examines the card

I Need Spa
  3. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The original cards didn't have an exp date back when it was invite only. I still have a couple of those.

They will ask for ID sometimes but as far as line cutting etc they're not going to look anything up.

4. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As Shifter said above. It would be the rare staff member that wants to look it up and then CONFRONT a customer. They have nothing to gain there.

I did have a situation once that I gave a server my NOIR card to pay for drinks. It did not work. I had dropped to Plat but got a NOIR card in error. She said I needed to get a new one at the desk. Not sure if just that particlar card was an issue or not. Seems like I used it in slots and it worked fine.

5. dannyocean

dannyocean High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey, if you've achieved Noir at some point? I think that should entitle you to cut the cab line for life!

6. lotso-bear

lotso-bear VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    He was thinking about using it at Hakkasan/Hyde/Light to cut the line and not pay the entrance fees.

7. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    those places couldn't care less about Noir cards.

you have to get a host or pit boss to walk you in and they're going to know who you are.

8. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I never know this was a benefit of a NOIR card???

9. JoJoR

JoJoR VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Isn't it a perk of gold and above?

10. lotso-bear

lotso-bear VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good to know. Thanks!

11. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No. You're thinking of line cuts for things like a taxi or the buffet. Shifter is right when it comes to the clubs

I Need Spa
  12. Kickin

Kickin Flea

Technically getting into a VIP line is a listed benefit but its been confirmed over and over that they don't care for places like Hakkasan. It does work for the dayclubs though. My gf used my platinum card with her friends for Wet Republic and they got right in w/o cover. They were charging others though.

13. skinsfan

skinsfan Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Even gold gets you in free no wait at Wet Republic and Liquid (although you may have to badger them at Liquid). Hakkasan will let Noir in free no wait but Platinums have to pay with no wait (nothing for gold). Light will let Noir and Platinum in free no wait if you badger them but will say no at first (nothing for gold). 1OAK and The Bank will let Noir and Platinum in free no wait (not sure about gold). Not sure about the other day clubs and night clubs because I have not tried.

14. lotso-bear

lotso-bear VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do they swipe the card at Hakkasan?

15. Kickin

Kickin Flea

I got a pm from paperposter that my gf and her friends probably just got in to Wet Republic free because they were girls, not because of the platinum card and the nightclub/dayclub benefits listed online are bullshit. That's believable. He knows the scene well so I'd trust him.

16. skinsfan

skinsfan Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am not sure if Hakkasan would swipe a Noir card for the free entry - I have only heard that it worked from a couple of friends in addition to reading it online anytime one of those travel bloggers that got noir for free go to vegas - onemileatatime, mommypoints, etc. -- you can google it. I have only skipped the line and paid as platinum.

I do not recall my card (Platinum or Gold) being swiped except when I chose to pay that way for a 3rd person where free for 2.

Most times I go it is all guys with me at the door so that whole only because they were girls thing does not apply.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.