1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Mlife offers / comps - effects of paid stays without play?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by publife, Feb 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. publife

publife Newbie

If I visit LV for long family trips (no gambling) and book publically available rates in an Mlife property, what effect will that have on my future offers? In order to receive Hyatt status credit (which I need) I do have to include my Mlife account info on the reservation. If they're going to log a bunch of no play days/trips anyway, I'd be inclined to use my (barely) Platinum discount to stay at a nicer place.

I'd hope/assume that a host would be able to look at just my trips with play and make offers based on that, but i much prefer starting with a decent mailing offer and asking a host to tailor it to my preferences. It'd be awesome if paid zero play stays aren't used against me for corporate offers.

Anyone have any experience with paying for stays to avoid diluting their offers? Any info would be much appreciated =)

2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Folks will say the host can overlook things.

Personally, I believe the computer will screw you.

3. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, without evidence to the contrary, this is what I think.

Kicking off the Trip with Two New Hotels to Us!!!
  4. EllenB

EllenB Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can you "forget" your Mlife number on the reservation and then submit the receipt to Hyatt for points? That's the only way I can think of to get around it. I agree, the computer will catch up to you.

5. DeMoN2318

DeMoN2318 The DERS

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It will be recorded as no play days...

It will screw your corporate offers...but like you suggested, your host might be able to look through the raw data and see you didnt get comps for those no play trips...

I would give your host a heads up so if it shows up on thier list that you are in town, but you dont play, they dont get the wrong impression.

6. publife

publife Newbie

Unfortunately, because they aren't actually Hyatt properties, nights/points are calculated and issued by M life - I think I'm stuck.

I figure I'll just go ahead and book the trips via a public offer, and just hold my MGM play for a couple heavy play trips immediately afterwards. It does make using the partnership to maintain Hyatt status somewhat more difficult/expensive though. =/ so it goes trying to game the gaming companies lol

7. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't waste your time. Do what you do and let the chips fall.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.