1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Gold Coast Buffet? crab legs?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Tokennut, Feb 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tokennut

Tokennut Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Staying at Gold Coast over memorial weekend, boyfriend loves buffets, and thinking about Friday Seafood buffet.anyone know if it has crab legs? In reading reviews people seem to like breakfast buffet but not a lot said about lunch or dinner buffet?

2. Piggylane

Piggylane Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was very pleased with the room for the price and had a couple W2-G hand pays in the high limit room when I stayed there a year ago. Ate at the dinner feed trough one night but I don't remember crab legs. Shrimp, yes. Love the noodle place. Ping Pang Pong is very close to what I ate in Wuhan, China if that's your thing.

3. klawrey

klawrey High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not a seafood guy myself but many I know are and like Rio Village Seafood Buffet right across the street. It's all seafood all the time. Open from 3:30-9:30 daily for $45 a pop.

I'm not a huge buffet fan anymore. I prefer a good steakhouse but if I do buffet I do Wynn or Caesars.

4. nfajgmbr03

nfajgmbr03 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with Caesars, went there in December and it was outstanding. Seafood was all great there.

5. 1LuckyMomma

1LuckyMomma High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wynn and Caesars are obviously a lot pricier than the Gold Coast. The Orleans has a bigger and better buffet than the Gold Coast and it's $25.99 on Friday (Seafood Night). All you have to do is hop on the free shuttle!

6. Champster1

Champster1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Palms, on Sunday, has a terrific brunch for $15.00 ( $2.00 more than Gold Coast Sunday brunch) that includes crab legs, mimosas, mongonlian beef ribs etc etc from 10-3. The Palms is right across the street from Gold Coast. Last fall the GC buffet did not have crab legs on any night(including seafood night on Friday)

7. westie

westie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does anyone know if you can get the $14.99 slot card member price when using the LVA 50% off coupon?

8. Candy Apple

Candy Apple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm seeing the Palms Sunday brunch listed for over $20.00. Last time I was there they had stopped giving a substantial discount just for showing the players' card. For the $15.00 do you have to have a certain amount of points or be at a certain level?

9. Champster1

Champster1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Get a players card. "Club member price is $14.99"!!! Or get an MRB from LVA and use your 50% off coupon from the Palms ( up to $50.00) and pay even less. But for $14.99 it's a steal!

10. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ditto that....Palms brunch is very good; we head over on Sunday even when we aren't staying there and have always gotten the discount with players club card.

11. Candy Apple

Candy Apple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    To clarify, I DO have a player's card. However, last summer they stopped giving the buffet discount for showing the player's card and you had to be at a certain level. Is it back to the way it was and you get the discount just for showing the card?

12. mcander

mcander Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My gf loves her crab legs.We are arriving in LV on Tues.After picking up the car rental,first stop is the Palms for seafood buffet.mm.mm.mm.
    Yes,we use the 50% off coupon from LVA.

13. Candy Apple

Candy Apple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How much is the LVA? Any other buffet coupons in there (where a car isn't required)?

14. mcander

mcander Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Go to the Las Vegas Advisor website.It will list all coupons,etc.

15. chef

chef Resident Buffetologist

No, it's either one or the other.

As far as original post, the GC seafood buffet has been a good value and hot crabs legs were good-sized (or at least they used to be, not sure current status). With Palms, Orleans and GC around the corner from one another, plenty of solid buffet options.

16. Champster1

Champster1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

From Lva website...
    "If you'd prefer to save money and read the monthly newsletter online, please choose our LVA Online Membership option ($37/year)"!!!

P.s. It is well worth it. The Palms 50% off coupon ( up to $50.00) pays for the membership by itself.

17. breanna61

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got the discount at All Star level but I received info that the discount does, in fact, now depend on Players Club level. I believe there's a discounted price if you pay with points unless that has changed.

18. keno60

keno60 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i tried to check for you on the B-Connect but had trouble. I thought the GC had a Prime Rib and Crab Leg night?

19. breanna61

Trips to Las Vegas:
  20. Tokennut

Tokennut Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you all for comments and suggestions. Much appreciated. We'll check out the palms on one if the days.... Still not sure how people have found the dinner buffets at GC ? If anyone has eaten there recently, would love to hear... But lots to work with in regards to suggestions/comments. Thanks again!

Cant wait for the trip...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.