1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Vegas Flight Prices (beating the dead horse)

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by captainron62, Feb 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Planning our vacations for the rest of the year and was very shocked to see that we can fly SWA from Cols, OH to either Jamaica or Puerto Rico for less than Las Vegas! This past 12 or 15 months we have paid more to travel to LAS than anywhere else. I was really hoping the prices would drop back down but it sure does not look like it! :thumbsdown:

2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have noticed that as well. There are some other cities that are even worse. Supply and demand. If they could get $1,000 per seat to Vegas, they would charge it. Or any city for that matter.

3. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, just more proof that the crowds are def coming back. I noticed a lot more folks in town last month that when we visited last year at the same time. All the prices seem to increasing, rooms, drinks, dinners, etc. I would say LV has recovered quite nicely.

4. POPO2012

POPO2012 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Even to New Orleans out of Rickenbacker is now affordable. Keep hoping they will have some flights out of Rickenbacker to Vegas to create some competition for CMH and Southwest Airlines

5. BlueSkadoo

BlueSkadoo VMB Sweetheart

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know it kinda sucks, but you could always drive to CVG. With Frontier and Allegiant going out of there now to LAS, there's been a bit of competition among the carriers resulting in some lower prices all around. I've found CVG to be cheaper than CMH/DAY for several flights, and CMH the highest of the three. It's been the opposite for so long!!

6. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is what we keep hoping for! I don't understand why they don't tap the market on that route.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks, I forgot about that option. I will def look into it. $500 rt is getting out of hand.

7. chess

chess VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

$500 is unreal.....

8. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, instead of an extra trip to LV this year we are just going to go to Jamaica, under $400 to fly out of the country. That and CET must not have been impressed with my gambling on the last trip and cut a lot of my COMPs.

9. chess

chess VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LOLS..... JAM probably is the way to go though :) All inclusive... plus the sun and the fun...

Vegas is a different beast I will say that... I personally LOVED Aruba.. .great time, and place was pretty cool.....
    Cancun gets played out IMO.....

I want to hit Australia, but that cost is just a tad bit expensive :)

10. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You gotta try Jamaica! For sure you cant beat the all inclusive and the fun in the sun. We are looking at some dates for Vegas and hopefully a good flight price and COMP rooms align themselves!

11. CubsBrian

CubsBrian Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just flew Frontier out of O'Hare for 88r/t and that was with a $10.00 seat upgrade. It was an on line special they ran.

12. USCHawks

USCHawks High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I feel lucky not having to deal with those prices. I just paid I believe $176 round trip for myself and that's with an extra $28 added for exit row seating so I can have some legroom.

13. IWannaBeInVegas

IWannaBeInVegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    With RT earlybird boarding on SWA I paid $500 out of CMH. I did look at CVG and CLE and could have found the base fare better but when factoring in the cost for carry on or checked luggage it was going to come out about the same, especially driving there and back (I like 20 minutes or less from CMH). I almost booked the Frontier flight out of CVG for $380 RT but I did not like the outbound flight being 9pm give or take, I did not want to give up a day of vacation like that.

I have emailed and tweeted Allegiant about adding LAS out of Rickenbacker but iv gotten not so much of a response.

14. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For the 2nd trip in a row, we're driving from the western suburbs of St. Louis to Kansas City to save ~$170 a person. The cheapest St. Louis on SWA has been about $360/ea rt for a long time now. KC is $190/ea rt. 3 hour longer drive each way sucks, but that's a lot of money to us.

15. IWannaBeInVegas

IWannaBeInVegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not for Vegas but I did something similar a year or two ago. My twins live in Texas and I had to fly them him from the summer visit, SWA saved me around $200 flying them from IND instead of CMH, I drove the distance to save that much.

16. burdog

burdog Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have always flown SWA out of CMH to Vegas but this year seems ridiculous, so we are probably go out of CLE as we can save about 200$ and it is probably only about a 1/2 hour difference for us.

17. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    just last week saw the cheapest flights to Vegas that I've seen in years.

YMMV.

18. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's usually just a bit under $400 out of HOU. If you catch a sale or flexible on your dates you might get to low 300's. Spirit, I could get r/t for less than $100. But the flight schedule is atrocious. I am lucky to have flexibility at work but not to the level I'd need for Spirit.

19. Bubbavegas

Bubbavegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You think it is from the NE try over 500 RT from Oklahoma which is a much shorter flight.

20. dannyocean

dannyocean High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This. I can't take the Spirit plunge. And flying out of IAH or HOU has just become horrendous post-UA/CO merger. Both my trips this spring I ended up just booking on miles because I couldn't swallow the $500+ ticket prices, and I wasn't willing to fly out on a redeye (not making that mistake again!).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.