1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

CET self check-in

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by jpatter471, Feb 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jpatter471

jpatter471 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just got an email from Flamingo about my upcoming stay at the end of the month. It says I will get an email the morning of my arrival and can check-in online and they will send me a text when my room is ready. Does anybody have experience with this? I was wondering what was the average time you get into the room using this. Thanks.

2. bdautch

bdautch VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did this at a different CET property, Planet Hollywood. I was supposed to go to a separate desk, called something like Keys and Mail or whatever, as opposed to the normal check in line. The problem was, I had requested a room as far away from the elevator as possible, and they gave me one that was only like two doors from the elevator instead. So I marched off into the TR Platinum line and basically had the guy override the original check in and just replace it with something I wanted. But if that hadn't been an issue, the first guy would have had me up and running in about 20 seconds, because they already had my credit card info on file, etc.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2015
  3. TexasLady

TexasLady Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I also got a call from them on Fri for my trip on Wed. I was surprised. The email and then a call.

4. jpatter471

jpatter471 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You will have to let me know how it goes. Have a good trip!

5. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We used the system when checking into Ballys a couple weeks ago. They sent the email as promised, I got it abou 630am Eastern time. I opened the email and completed the process on my phone while on the plane. When we arrived I turned on my phone and I had another email saying room was ready and to go separate desk, it is called "mail" or something like that. The email came thru at about 11am Vegas time so we really appreciated that. We were in our room, unpacked and on the strip before noon. The process was very easy. Check out was also done in a similar manner.

6. voltron12

voltron12 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This method reminds me of easy pass lines. It will be great for awhile, and once the word gets out and large amount of people start using it, there will be long lines to get keys at the mail line. But that should still be faster unless they keep just 1 of these lines open and it is 30 or more deep. Since this is CET though, I am guessing if it is a big success, there will eventually be a 10.00 convenience fee to do this. Wow, I am Debbie downer today.

7. jpatter471

jpatter471 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks CaptainRon. That was exactly what I was looking for.

8. vsop

vsop VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    on line check-in

It's great....you reply to the email with your estimated time of arrival....hopefully, you get a confirmation email that your room is ready by the time you arrive....if so, go to the designated line to pick up keys, IIRC, at the Flamingo, it was to the far right of the check-in counter....I've done this two times , with an arrival prior to 3pm and both times, the confirmation email said the room was ready....

9. hattrick225

hattrick225 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is there any option to indicate a tower preference, or is it luck of the draw? I'm guessing luck of the draw. (ex. I prefer the Spa elevators side of the property, and have used the self-check kiosk in the past, but it didn't allow to select a specific side of the property).

Vegas Vacation 2024
  10. danny8235

danny8235 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Caesars E-Mail Sign-In

Have Forum Delux King Want to try to upgrade to Augustus King so should I cedline the email sign-in and do the line regester

11. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got the tower I was booked in at Bally's, a little different than Flamingo I know. I asked the clerk how the rooms were assigned when you do the online check in and she said "You get what is available". I don't recall if there was an option line for requests or not?

12. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    An upgrade? How much and to what room?

13. danny8235

danny8235 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Augustus King

14. hattrick225

hattrick225 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Kind of what I figured. Thx Ron

Vegas Vacation 2024
  15. vsop

vsop VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would agree... you are probably getting whatever is first available....'tho, when you make your reservations online and initially select a room type, beds, etc....you have the option of also making a 'special request", like proximity to elevator, but making a special request might delay our confirmation email that the room you requested is ready, so.....

16. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is this only for standard reservations or for comped rooms as well?

I may give it a try on my March trip. Would be great to have the room ready when we arrive to quickly shower then eat.
    Usually we arrive before noon and have to wait for a room.

I am assuming by using the e-mail process that we could possibly check in early???

Our room is the Resort Vista and usually at the end of the hall. Is there anyway to request the highest one available as opposed to getting one just a few floors up?

Last edited: Feb 16, 2015
  17. vsop

vsop VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't believe it matters...comp v. non-comp....FYI, when you check in online, part of the T&C is acknowledgement/agreement that early check in fee may apply....although, on a recent stay at Bally's, I received the confirmation email that my room was ready @ 10am...I checked in at 10:30am, but my final bill did not reflect an early check in fee....I guess it's at the discretion of the check in personnel....

18. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like the concept of this, but where do all the sandwich trick people submit their bribe... I mean tip?

19. numeno

numeno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

Others in my family have done it on comped rooms before.

My suggestion is that if you have ANY requests that you don't do this sort of checkin. It is entirely possible that these checkins are completely automated and just would ignore requests. I also think if there is a person doing these checkins, that person has less reason to try to help you if you aren't standing right in front of them.

20. EastCoastVegasFan!

EastCoastVegasFan! VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do I need to request this type of check-in? I would love to check-in online, then get a text/email when my room is ready! It would allow me to drop my stuff off and check in when I'm ready. This is the first time I've heard of this.

July 19th - July 24th
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.