1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Here's a Carryon Bag Recommendation

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Turtleman, Feb 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We prefer carryon whenever possible; and for the past several years, Ms. Gecko has been using one of the better 22" roller boards, while I've been using a duffel bag with shoulder strap. As expected, roller boards don't always "cooperate," especially on stairs and when going into an overhead compartment, and carrying a heavy bag over one shoulder gets pretty tiring when trekking through airports and hotels. We found a better way thanks to the Etech2.0 Weekender Convertibles at www.ebags.com/search?term=eTech+2.0+Weekender+Convertible&pl=hdr_srch_sf_l1

The descriptions, photos, and many positive reviews, and of course the price, prompted us to order. However, being unsure what size to get, we ordered the full and junior versions in the same color (plum) with the intent of returning one. (She was still rather content with her roller board.) Delivery only took a couple days, though we were somewhat taken aback by the small package that arrived not much larger than an express document folder. Yep – looks are deceiving. Upon unpacking, we were immediately impressed how the compressed bags expanded and how the quality was exactly as advertised. We did a trial packing with the usual contents and were amazed how everything went into the bag – both bags - with plenty of space left over.

To make a long story short, we kept both bags, the smaller for her and the larger for me, and took them on an eight night trip to Vegas shortly thereafter. What a difference, though it took a few days remembering what we stashed in the various compartments. Is it possible to be in love with piece of luggage? It's not often we purchase a product – any product – that is actually as good or better than expected. About the only semi complaint (if you can call it a complaint) were the dangling backpack straps. Tying them up kept them off the floor, but a small piece of Velcro should do the job on future trips.

We've submitted a similar review on ebag's website to join the other overwhelmingly positive reviews. No, we don't get a commission - just sharing a positive experience.

2. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Those look really great. I am debating to give one a try. I can usually manage to pack everything into a standard carry on for our Jamaica trips, but this looks like it could help a bit. I really like the option to use as a back pack as I am always pulling Ms. Captains luggage as well!

3. Matty Ice

Matty Ice High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the positive recommendation Turtleman! I literally ordered that bag yesterday. On sale plus I got an additional 15% off. Can't wait to use it on my trip to Vegas in March!

4. Lucky55

Lucky55 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    sounds like a great idea

5. Iamrice

Iamrice High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's looks like a nice one and the price is good.

I've been using something like this for years. Four Europe trips, two to central America, loads of traveling across North America and I'm taking it to Hong Kong and the Philippines for two weeks in April!

For me, carry on is the only way to fly.

6. red318is

red318is Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.