1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Mirage Butler Service - What to Expect

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Scottndindy, Feb 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scottndindy

Scottndindy High-Roller

For my upcoming trip I have reserved a lanai at the mirage. One of the perks is butler service. Can anybody talk about what is normally provided and expectation of tip. I was assuming $100 per day but not sure if that is too much/too little.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2015
  2. Tellafriend

Tellafriend MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Unless you are using him/her excessively, that is certainly sufficient. I've stayed in the lanais; you will enjoy

3. Scottndindy

Scottndindy High-Roller

tellafriend - good to hear you have had positive experiences there. My host said I was going to be amazed and it was awesome so I am definitely looking forward to it. Will tips get pooled throughout shifts or will each individual need a seperate tip? I wasn't exactly sure what all services I should request or they offer. Any tips on how to sufficiently utilize the service.

4. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
  5. Scottndindy

Scottndindy High-Roller

Thanks shifter. Those were some good links.

6. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A few months ago, I was upgraded into one of the fancy suites on the top floor of the HRH Tower. I had to call down and ask to send someone by to show me how to work the Crestron remote control. I'd try to turn on the TV and the curtains would open kinda thing. About 5 minutes later, my doorbell rings and a fella named Valentino announces he's my butler. I invite him in and in 5 minutes he's got me running the sound-system, TV, lighting, drapes, etc. Then he takes a quick look in my fridge and it's empty (I'd just checked in). He has a look of frustration on his face and says, "this no good... I'll be right back."

About 15 minutes later he's back at the door... I open and he has another fella with him and they have two-(2) room service carts full of mixers, juices, sodas and waters; the other cart has has three-(3) large buckets of ice (1 with 6 Buds, 1 with 6 Bud Lights and 1 with just ice)... then he proceeded to tell me the girls in VIP told him I like Jack Daniels and he pulls the cloth napkin back to reveal a bottle of Jack!!! He states, "you come to Las Vegas... you come to party... enjoy yourself! Compliments of the Hard Rock."

What a cool guy... he says, "if you need anything, anything else at all, please call me and hands me his card with his cell number on it." How cool is that? Now I don't exactly live in a tent at home, but I don't have a butler either!!! I gave him a $20, thanked him and got on the phone to a couple local friends to come over and check out this room... and help with the stuff he brought. I passed him in the hall a couple times the next few days and he cheerfully asked if I needed anything and I told him I'm fine, so I didn't get the full-experience.

http://youtu.be/M-Qz_9kybuw

7. Iamrice

Iamrice High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's a great story!

8. UTE

UTE Plastics

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not comfortable with butler service and, as a result, have repeatedly declined it. It's not that my wife and I don't appreciate the perks that come with high-end rooms - it's just we aren't used to having someone dedicated to serving us. I think if someone wants butler service, that's great and I'm not against it. It's just not our thing.

The last time we booked a suite on The Strip, the hotel rep asked us if we wanted the butler to unpack our bags. I really struggled to respond as it's just not a concept I can wrap my head around.

Bill

9. PayTriple

PayTriple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ok guys, I apologize in advance, but I can't resist.
    Tom Brady tipped his (Malcolm) Butler a new MVP truck! [emoji1]

10. Universal

Universal High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As others have said, $100 a day is too much unless you're asking the butler to go above and beyond.

11. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ha! Ha! Good one!!! As well he should've... I doubt TB has driven a Chevy in many, many years!

12. Username

Username VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Also heard he gave "Butler" his Chevy truck for Super Bowl MVP.....but it was really only a toy truck being only a Colarado.

BTW I would gladly tip the "butleress" if she tucked me in with a happy ending every night....LOL...:wink2:

13. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What type of room do you need to book to get a butler?

What doe the butler typically do?

14. Universal

Universal High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Villa, Lanai, Skyloft, etc... The butler staff at the Skylofts keep the fridge stocked with bottled waters, soft drinks, etc... They can unpack/pack for you, take clothes to be steamed, deliver your room service and set things up, etc... Basically they are there to handle any requests in room you might have during your stay.

15. Username

Username VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Except for unpacking and packing your luggage (I wouldn't want someone to do this for me) everything else I have used room service to do with a simple phone call to them and a $5 tip.

16. Royal Flusher

Royal Flusher Savvy Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A really good butler should be able to take care of virtually any bar, kitchen, or housekeeping need, from embroidering a crest onto your favorite shirt, to making blueberry waffles at 3:30 in the morning, to serving the perfect Manhattan. They also make those little sandwiches with the crusts cut off.

How much butt could a butler scuttle, if a butler could scuttle butt?

17. shifter

Trips to Las Vegas:
    the main advantage to a butler is you can set things up in advance and have him do things without you.

- he can bring your breakfast in and set it up on the dining room table while you're in the shower so you can get out and have a hot breakfast ready for you.
    - he can draw a bath or start the steam shower for you while you're on the golf course, so it's ready to get in when you get back.
    - last minute meeting scheduled the next morning? call him up at 11pm and he'll press your shirt and pants and have them back hanging in your suite waiting for you when you wake up.
    - when you have a big group out at a club, you can call him up at 4am and have him setup some snacks for everyone so it's ready when you get back to the suite and then he'll just hang out waiting for anything you or your friends need.
    - want to go straight from the airport to the golf course? just leave your suitcase in the limo and the butler will have it all unpacked and items pressed before you get back.

yes, I've done all of these things.

18. Scottndindy

Scottndindy High-Roller

Is there a central point of contract or static number you would reach them at. It would seem as shifts and days change you would be constantly dealing with a new person. Do you have the butler take over some of the responsibilities a host would generally handle such as reservations, etc.

19. shifter

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yes, they have shifts, so you do often get different people.

you should be able to get a direct number to the butler coordinator. then you just call them and they dispatch a butler to do what you need.

you can definitely have them make reservations or whatnot like you would any concierge.

20. waverunner

waverunner ------VEGA$------

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The main advantage to having a Butler for $100 per day is an alibi in case someone suspects foul play. Resort fees $30...........Tom Colicchio's Heritage Steak $70.........alibi's $100.....................priceless.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.