1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Harrahs is tricky

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by gkamer, Feb 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gkamer

gkamer Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I booked a 2 queen bed standard room at Harrah's for 3 nights. The cost (including that resort fee + tax) came to $191.52. Then I decided to look at buying 2 of those buffet of all buffets passes for $55.00 each for two. That put the total cost at $301.00.

Then I was looking at a buffet of all buffet package deal. They offered a High Roller delux room with 2 passes for the same days. Guess what the total cost came to? Yup you're right, $301.00. The only advantage I can see is I get to look at a giant ferris wheel at night.

And why would Harrahs think someone would want to pay extra for the thrill of looking at this out their window?

2. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If there's a way to make an extra buck, they'll do it. I'm in the same boat as you that I don't care to pay for special view. I usually stay the Cosmo and they charge extra for a bellagio fountain view. I've had it once but honestly I don't mind the west view of the mountains. As long as I'm in the west tower on a high floor, im happy. I've never paid extra for a view and probably won't ever.

3. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Amen. But there are some people that think that is worth paying for.

4. Piggylane

Piggylane Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I find it strange that people pay extra for a "strip view" room then stay out of the room 18 hours drinking and gambling and the other six sleeping! You're paying how much for how many minutes of looking at the strip when you can just walk it?

Whatever and to each their own.

One of my favorite rooms was over at Palazzo looking down at the Wynn golf course. I saw a golfer worse than me playing. He had a cart and was all by himself, zigzagging across the course. I lost count on how many strokes and putts. That's the dude I want to golf with!

5. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The High Roller room is a deluxe room. Compared to a standard room the deluxe rooms have updated decor, newer bedding, extra table and chairs, updated bathroom and bathtub and the bed will have a pillow top mattress.

6. EastCoastVegasFan!

EastCoastVegasFan! VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The person you described above, is, well, ME! LOL! I stay at the Flamingo a lot, I always request a strip view, but never look out of it.

July 19th - July 24th
  7. Username

Username VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Because they can.....

8. cjohnson202

cjohnson202 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had a higher roller view in November at the Linq (Comp'd, so it wasn't extra). After an issue with my room, I had to move and I requested a NON-high roller view. Linq, like Harrahs, has there high roller rooms at the back of the hotel, meaning your walk from elevator would be less than ideal. I'd rather the closer walk than looking at a Ferris Wheel you can see from basically anywhere on the strip.

9. abrolsma

abrolsma Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    PM me and I'll let you know the next time I have a tee time... :)

10. Jejas

Jejas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In average people spend total 1.5 minutes (that's 90 seconds) look at the strip through the window. Myself, it's exactly 0 second.

11. Bluskies

Bluskies Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I disagree completely with that. I usually get a really nice view at Aria and can enjoy sitting at night and looking at the neon and the surrounding city.

IMG_1642.jpg

Attached Files:

12. Username

Username VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have mentioned this before but here goes anyways...................don't pay anything extra for a strip view or to ride on the Wheel of CET Fortune to view the strip at night or any other time...........just go to any strip hotel and ride the elevator to the highest floor you have access of and walk down the corridor and look out those big windows overlooking the strip.......you can even take a FREE adult beverage with you if you wish.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.