1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Cosmo Wicked Spoon vs Caesars Bacchanal?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by VegasLover8, Feb 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VegasLover8

VegasLover8 High-Roller

For those that have had both...

How does the Cosmo buffet compare to Caesar's?

Last year during March Madness we went to Caesar's and LOVED it. The best buffet we've been to. We loved the seafood (especially the hot king crab legs and jumbo shrimp cocktail) and all the various meats. Not that I'm a pho expert, but we loved that. My friend said it was very authentic.

This year with the LVA including a BOGO in the coupon package, we are thinking about going to the Cosmo instead.

If you had to choose, which one is better? I guess we should take into consideration the price since one has a coupon

Thanks in advance for your responses

2. pleepleus

pleepleus 2016 - The monkey is back

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No comparison. Bacchanal over Wicked Spoon assuming price is not a factor since Bacchanal is about twice the price.

IMO, Bacchanal has been a little on the decline lately though.

3. jimbondo

jimbondo Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cant comment on Caesars , but cosmos spoon not so much....

4. momnkid

momnkid Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And I am the flip side of jimbondo, Caesars was not worth the $ IMHO. I did like the crepe station but I didn't find the selections for hot food to be that exciting. Especially when I consider the cost (had a comp, otherwise would have gone to Paris with our group). Full disclosure, I have not tried the Wicked Spoon yet, will be doing so in April. (pizza place is just sooo easy and I can eat in my room, in a robe, on the balcony)

5. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They are both very good, but if you haven't gone to the Wicked Spoon, you should. It was the first buffet that I had been to that had individual servings instead of "spoon in onto your plate".

The Asian side is "XLNT"!!! Desserts are to die for!

4 buffets I would go to any time, in alphabetical order:

Baccahnal
    Bellagio
    Wicked Spoon
    Wynn

6. keno60

keno60 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with posters Pleepleus and DaiLun.

7. AndyAkeko

AndyAkeko Time magazine's 2006 Person of the Year

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wicked Spoon is smaller, but the quality is equal to if not better than Bacchanal. Certainly with a BOGO it becomes a much better value option.

Unless you really need 500 items to choose from, I don't think you'll find Wicked Spoon to be a downgrade from Bacchanal. (Especially for dessert).

8. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I may be in the minority but I prefer Wicked Spoon.

9. mrstealth

mrstealth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    why not do both ? If you get a BOGO for wicked spoon, use the money you save for Caesars. For me, Bacchanal rules, I love the smoked meats, sliced high end imported deli meat & cheese, Fresh Fruit juice and Horchada, etc. And the desserts speak for themselves And yes, they do individual servings also. The hidden gem for me is the "walking taco's", unbelievable.

And although you usually can't find discounts for Caesars, there are ways you can earn rewards credits pretty easy even without gambling, and if you do gamble, even easier to earn.

10. SellWell

SellWell Tourist

11. SellWell

SellWell Tourist

Oh after a quick check I have just found a link to suggest that the breakfast buffet is only $31.99 - which makes it a crappy deal :(

12. Big dan

Big dan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have not yet tried Caesars but I have heard from somebody that on their first visit was the best buffet they ever had second visit was a letdown. I have tried wicked spoon and it was the same thing, loved it first time, second time was still good but not as good. I would do both but if your only going to do one I would go with wicked spoon then you will know next time... Ok there is still the Wynn which I haven't tried either. Ok that's it I'm planning a return trip:)

13. NickG

NickG Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would definitely choose Bacchanal over Wicked Spoon if you aren't concerned about the price. But I would also certainly choose Wicked Spoon at half price over Bacchanal at full price.

I hit Bacchanal at least once every time I am in Vegas, but I try to go at 2:45 so I get the dinner food a the lunch price, and I always have enough comp dollars to cover it.

14. Champster1

Champster1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

Ditto for me too. Did both last August. When you factor in the price for dinner Bach $52.00 and Spoon $38.00 then, in my humble opinion, the Wicked Spoon is a no brainer. I too agree with an earlier poster that the Bellagio is also very good and comparable to the Wicked Spoon price wise ($34.00 for dinner). By the time you get to the Bach buffet the price will have gone up again!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.