1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Arrival meal near Caesar's....information overload....gaaaaah

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by GPZ, Feb 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GPZ

GPZ Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Friends, we're getting into town 6:20 on February 25, staying at Caesar's for the first time. We're pretty familiar with LV but this is our first time there together so not wanting to repeat stuff we've done before.

We lose two hours on the flight so we'll be starving when we get there. Allowing two hours to get luggage and cab to the hotel, we'll need to eat around 9:30pm. Looking for casual-ish, a pub with great beer would be awesome, and in or close to Caesar's (we just don't want to be messing around with long walks or another cab by that time of day, especially if the plane is late). We don't want to be doing fine dining that night as we'll mostly be tired and wired. Had thought but the Ramsay's Pub doesn't have the best reviews, was thinking Grimaldi's? I only get to LV once a year and the interweb gives soooo many options I get stuck. Any suggestions welcome- thank you.

Off topic - we were looking at Golden Steer for an interesting off-strip experience, as opposed to doing Joe's or SW....any thoughts on the Steer welcome too.

Can't wait to get on the plane - it's -25 here and I'm ready for a vacation!

Thanks everyone...cheers!

2. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Late February it should be warm enough to eat outside. I'd kick off eating outside at Mon Ami Gabi. It's not a pub but not too fancy either. Good and not-too expensive food and you can watch the Bellagio fountain show at the same time, which really helps it to sink in that YOU ARE IN VEGAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or try the Sugar Factory at Paris and eat outside. The service can be slow but the burgers are great. DBueler and I have started to make enjoying a casual meal outdoors within a fountain view our first night in Vegas a new tradition. The first morning in Vegas is always Mon Ami Gabi for breakfast.

3. UTE

UTE Plastics

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You'll be doing dinner on Wednesday on The Strip - would should mean lines will be short. I see so many choices (since you'll be right in the middle of restaurant row) that I'd just go with how you feel that night and wing it. Since there'll be little need for reservations - the dining world is your oyster. No need to tie yourself down to a set choice.

Golden Steer is classic Las Vegas. The outside looks cheap - but the inside is old-school quality lounge style. It's expensive, but worth every penny. Service is top notch and only the best cuts are served. Having said all that, you can get the same great food and service at Top of The World for the same or less money - but you get an incredible view thrown in. And, it's right there by the Golden Steer. I like both restaurants but my wife will pick Top of The World every time for the view.

Bill

4. tom.mckenzie

tom.mckenzie Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you're looking for great beers close to CP, I'd suggest Yard House at the Linq. The food is good, too.

5. GPZ

GPZ Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you my friends for your thoughts.

Flowers: I hadn't thought of Mon Ami Gabi but you're right, if it's a nice night it would be perfect.
    UTE: appreciate your experience with the Steer. I will look into Top of the World as well.
    Tom.Mckenzie: that's another vote for Yard House. Haven't been to the Linq (I think it was still the Quad last time I was there??)

6. tom.mckenzie

tom.mckenzie Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Haven't been to the Linq - in fact, the last time I was that it was the Imperial Palace and I went there to see Human Nature. But the Yard House at Town Square is great, so I'm assuming this one is, too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.