1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Ballys Jubilee tower and a Quiet room?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by tinytim, Jan 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tinytim

tinytim Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Been reading all I can about Bally's. Not that I'm not familiar, with Ballys as I've stayed there a couple of times, but both times in the North (now Indigo) tower...but because I'm simply obsessed with Vegas hahaha. Just ask my wife! Anywaaaaay in 33 sleeps I'm off to Ballys for a week. Going to see KA for the second time, Jeff faafaa Dunham and Sundays Nascar race.
    Now...my question is this. I've read on these forums and on trip advisor etc that even North facing rooms in Jubilee tower get a lot of noise from Drais at Cromwell. Is this true? If you've had a room described above, did it bother you? Will rooms further down the hall be quieter??
    A quiet room is more important to me than the view as I've been to Vegas about 40 times.
    Thanks!
    Tim
    T-33

2. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Why not stay in the Indigo tower if you're concerned about the noise. I stayed in Indigo twice in 2014 and the rooms were very quiet and plenty nice enough.

3. mrstealth

mrstealth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Stayed in Jubilee tower over 6 times in the past 2 years, only noise I've heard is when the Bellagio Fountains go you will sometimes hear the rush of the water go. You notice it at first and after a few times quickly get used to it. If you are really concerned about it, get a room facing Paris

4. tinytim

tinytim Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the input. Not worried about the fountains as I won't be in the room until about midnight anyway. Club noise at 3am from Paris or Drais is what concerns us.
    I'll be travelling with 2 other couples. I'm 53. One couple are in their early 60's. The others (Their daughter an son in law) are Vegas newbies and aged 40 and 50...so night clubs don't interest us. We have 3 rooms (Jubilee Luxury) booked thru host.
    I haven't ruled out Indigo tower, but the Updated rooms are preferred with them. If they are quiet then it's a win-win-win!!!

5. Helen of Troy

Helen of Troy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have found the noise from Chateau (Paris nightclub) to be much worse than that from Drais when staying in the Jubilee tower. Ask for a high floor as that seems to help. The last time I was there I was on the next to the top floor and even though it was a weekend I was not bothered by club noise. Still heard the fountains but that has never bothered me.

6. mrstealth

mrstealth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Stay in the Jubilee rooms if at all possible. The rooms and location in my opinion is just so much better.

** Bally's tip - Not all elevator's service all floors. One bank will serve the lower floors, and the other the upper floors. Make sure you know which floor your on and ensure the elevator you get on serves those floors. I've stayed there a lot (always on high level floors) and every time I'm there people will get on the wrong elevator and realize too late that the elevator they are on does not go to the floor their room is on.

7. Patripman

Patripman High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When we were checking in last September there was 2 couples waiting in line to get moved from the Jubilee tower to another room because of what they stated was the club noise from Chateau. I was booked for 3 comped rooms in Indigo (6 nights total), but when checking in I asked for a high floor in the Indigo tower which the agent gladly gave me on the 23rd floor.
    Of the 10 trips to Vegas 9 of those we stayed at Ballys in the "North Tower" and although they are dated they were always clean and you rarely if ever have a noise problem or other issues especially on the high floors.

P

8. zolar31

zolar31 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The club noise comes from the outdoor sections of Chateau and Drais. These outdoor sections are seasonal and probably open around mid-march. So 33 days from now you should be ok.

9. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We stayed on the 26th or 28th floor of the Jubilee tower for MM and didn't hear a thing. Could see there was some kind of party going on at the Paris pool but no noise for us! Loved the room....

10. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I enjoyed my stay in the Jubilee tower last April. I was on a high floor facing the fountains. I am a heavy sleeper but the base from Chateau is indeed loud. I eventually dozed off but it was initially annoying. Even with that I would stay in that tower again for the rooms and access to VP though I like the North/Indigo tower too as some have fountain views, the larger rooms are really big and there I'm closer to the escalators heading to the Bally's spa

11. Viva Las Vegas

Viva Las Vegas Elvis has left the building

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hear me now, and believe me later.

I booked a room in the Jubilee tower, and the noise was REALLY LOUD from Paris, and this was pre Drais. Unless you plan on going to be AFTER 4AM, you need to book in the Indigo Tower.

I was able to switch to a suite in Indigo Tower, with the hot tub, and it was very nice. The Jubliee rooms were newer, but nothing special. I usually stay out til 4-6 AM +, but sometimes on fly in day I need to sleep earlier which was the case with my Jubilee room, hence the switch.

12. Tammy58

Tammy58 Frugal Slot Jockey

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I booked 3 nights at Bally's and could have had the Jubilee Tower comped....I chose Indigo instead. I'm not looking for luxury and I knew the noise was bad on the south side. I'm hoping to get a room on a high floor facing the pool....quiet side of the building and I love to watch the sunrise in Vegas. We go to bed earlier than the rest of you. Strip views are nice but not at 3 am when I want to sleep.

13. Champster1

Champster1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife is the same way too. Did Jubilee last year after 3/4 years of indigo. Even had a view of the Paris Symbol (wow). However when booking our 5 nights comp this year ( for march madness) she preferred the "older" Indigo rooms. She felt that the bathrooms were better, rooms were larger and the noise was less. I really don't notice the noise but she spends a lot of time in the room while I play 3/6 LHE poker downstairs.

14. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I worked night shifts for several years, so ear plugs are good friends of mine. However, heavy thumping bass gets past any ear plug I've ever tried. There's been a few times I've had to use one of those little bluetooth speakers and some kind of white noise app or pleasant sounds to take away from that bass. Those little speakers are small and very cheap now. It gets packed with me wherever I go now.

15. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Woohoo! I like the sound of this!

Kicking off the Trip with Two New Hotels to Us!!!
  16. shokhead

shokhead No big spender unless eating drinking having fun!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Isn't the club noise only like 3 days a week?

17. ajs525

ajs525 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just curious, what is "MM"?

18. Big dan

Big dan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    March madness

19. shokhead

shokhead No big spender unless eating drinking having fun!

Trips to Las Vegas:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.