1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Slots What's a good SLOT for coin-in?

Discussion in 'Slots' started by TIMSPEED2, Jan 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED Money’s on the way, with CashNetUSA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm thinking about running $100 through a SLOT machine, to maximize my "coin-in" (play-through) for offers...
    What would be the best one to do it on?
    I'm thinking a $1 machine; something without a "bonus" round or a top-heavy payscale...maybe Blazing 7's?

2. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For video slots, the original Twin Win is the only one I can think of that does not have a bonus round and has a lot of little payouts.

For reel type slots I know the original Double Diamond in a non-progressive version also has frequent payouts.

3. TIMSPEED

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For a 1c slot, twin-win isn't bad...but I don't think the theo is set that much higher, to warrant a penny slot vs a dollar slot.

4. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would stick with a reel slot, $1.00 or better. Double Diamond or Blazing 7's.

I have hit the top end on Double Diamond 3 times. ($5.00 machines)

5. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you are going with a $1 machine with three reels then you would be correct to find a paytable that isn't top heavy or has a bonus game - you would want something with the lowest top prize you can find.

However, your best play as far as cycling money through over and over again would be an 8-12 year old penny video slot, playing around 15-25 cents per spin. With $100 you should be able to get somewhere around 6-10 hours of play out of that.

6. SoCalMon

SoCalMon VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dollar machines with no bonus round can eat your $100 within 5 minutes if nothing matches up. It is better to have a machine with bonus rounds so you can play longer or at least with a wheel like Monte Carlo and Cash Spin.

7. h_upmann

h_upmann Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd suggest a five line quarter machine.
    Avoid top-heavy payscales as you say.

8. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $100 and wanting to maximize "coin-in"????
    The $1 machines won't do it.
    I have played the .25 cent Top Dollar (.75/spin) and even that can eat through $100 pretty quickly.
    Better stick with the penny slots and minimum bet (.35 - .45) but do ensure no extra cash is required to trigger the bonus.

9. cjohnson202

cjohnson202 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I find I can usually play for a long time on the $1 wheel of fortune machines that have a $2 max bet. I know they are at Planet Hollywood, Tropicana, and several others.

10. DeMoN2318

DeMoN2318 The DERS

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dont play for comps

:poke:

11. TIMSPEED

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not now that CET cutback...enjoying nearly a 10% coin-in:freeplay ratio was vedddy nice...but alas, all good things come to an end.

12. yoyoseven

yoyoseven Grizzled Vereran

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tim, you probably should go find that $25 machine that paid you so well in October. Who knows, maybe lightening will strike twice.

13. buffalo

buffalo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I believe Monte Carlo and Rio still have 'Shake Your Booty' and can be played at 15 cents/spin. If you have the patience......

14. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did not see it at Rio last month. I LOVE those old(er) IGT video slots and I'm sure I would have noticed it. Where is it, if it's still there?

15. buffalo

buffalo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Now that I think about it, last played it at Rio 9 months ago or so. It was back in the Masquerade area as you walk back toward Burger King.

16. TIMSPEED

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LOL, hell yeah right!
    Nah, that was a literal ONCE IN A LIFETIME happening...haha, maybe in 10 years, if I can get Chris to come with me again!

17. VegasChic-

VegasChic- VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You may want to try slipping $100 in a wonder 4 penny machine. Set all the screens to Buffalo, and play it at 4.80 per spin. If you get down to $50, drop down to 3.20 per spin to try and get back up, if you get over $100, crank the bet up to 8.00 per spin- and just keep adjusting bet with those parameters.
    If you are after comps, it's showing you as a penny player, higher average pull per spin, but the volatility is lower because its split between the 4 screens. You have a better chance at a big win on the dollars listed above, but, I find you can often get a lot of playtime with these because of the 4 screens. Great THEO for the money. I always lose hahahahaha - but get some pretty decent comps after!
    Good luck!

18. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The corporate scenario isn't helping, but they really overestimated your worth with freeplay offers and now they realize it. You're probably in a "comp hole" now and they will give you crap unless you you show them a good reason to comp you. But at least you ran like god when you were playing higher limits. That's more important than anything.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.