1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

2015 Total rewards Visa Benefits

Discussion in 'Las Vegas for the Frugal (not Cheap)' started by STPFan, Jan 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. STPFan

STPFan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    FYI, I noticed the following on our Total Rewards Visa Bill:

Here is what they say about the "VIP Access Pass"

2. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So you get access but not full level privileges.

I'm guessing that you don't get access to the Diamond lounges.

You also don't get resort fees comped.

3. lithium78

lithium78 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Those are actually some pretty decent privileges if you are a low roller.

4. BCMike

BCMike VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm surprised they're offering that to platinum actually bit at least there's a flat amount in spend associated to it now.

5. cjohnson202

cjohnson202 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Without the resort fees being comp'd, Platinum doesn't mean much to me, though I qualify for it anyways based on my play. Automatic platinum was a huge reason I wanted this card to come available to Canadians, but now I'm alright without it,

6. bostonvegas

bostonvegas Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One semi-related question I about the TR Visa...

I got one this past October, and on my updated Platinum TR card it says the Platinum status is only valid through 3/15. In all the paperwork, though, they say you get Platinum for "the next year." Is the 3/15 date just because that's how normal TR card tiers are handled and I will actually have it through 2015, or does my Platinum status actually expire in March?

I have a lengthy Vegas trip slated for April, which is when I was planning on spending some quality time at some CET properties, and had assumed I'd be Platinum for it.

Thanks for any guidance!

7. Tahoejoe2

Tahoejoe2 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Forgive my confusion.
    How does a CET Hotel know you have "VIP access Pass" to these Diamond privileges unless you have a Diamond card??
    Is there a separate card that is a "VIP access Pass" card?

8. GeorgeJ.

GeorgeJ. VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got my VISA last year, early in the year (I think January or February). I sent an email to Total Rewards a month or two ago and asked when my Platinum status runs through....they told me through 2016 (March 2016 I think)..

9. jon_vegas

jon_vegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    CET does not issue new cards that say they expire on March 2016 until April 1st 2015. So, it's quite possible that you're good until Mar 2016. If the TR cards work the same as the regular old fashioned TR, then if you earned it (or in your case got the card) in 2014, then you are Platinum for the rest of 2014 and until Mar 2015. And then also for the following year through Mar 2016. You just have to wait till April 1st to get the new card with the 2016 expiration date.

10. rolotumasi

rolotumasi Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was platinum until 03/31/2015 but today I checked my online statement and now am platinum until 03/31/2016 I do use this card quite often so that is why they may have bumped me up

11. STPFan

STPFan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Where are you showing platinum? On the Total rewards site or the credit card site?

12. rolotumasi

rolotumasi Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    sorry for the delay have not been on in the last few days. On the total rewards site I have not received my statement yet.

13. tweis

tweis Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What are the benefits of being platinum? I am a low roller but obtained Platinum status by getting the TR Visa and a couple of weeks ago, I was able to find benefits offered by each CET property for Platinum status but am now unable to find it. I don't know if they changed the website or what happened but I can't find it. I know what it shows on the site about the general benefits for platinum but I'm more interested in the benefits at each property.

14. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was platinum until March 2015 but I just logged in and it now says Im Plat till March 2016. I did not earn enough tier credits last Nov to earn plat, and I also have not used the credit card since I first got it.

15. jamesxnj

jamesxnj VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just checked mine Dfalk and same status,was sure it would expire in 15..Only benefit to me is the private check-in area at the Rio for next trip (As resort fees are now charged) but this is cool. and good for an AC trip also..Thanks for the post..
    But after looking at what Twies was looking at that may have changed..No mention of special check-in.

Twies, looks like the benefit now is just an extra 5% off in the gift shop and whatever RC's you can get by charging enough to the card to accomplish that.Airfare worked for me a couple years ago..

16. AcesFull72

AcesFull72 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would also like to know how the people in the lines know you have Diamond VIP access

17. Kickin

Kickin Flea

They check. You can walk into the Diamond check-in room no problem, but when you get up to the desk they'll see you're not Diamond.

Depending on the place they also check for other lines. In fact I remember at PH valet they even swiped it for some reason.

The place I've seen them check the least is at the cage, but sometimes they check in that line too especially if its a busy time.

18. pphold

pphold pp Park Place Degenerate

Trips to Las Vegas:

Not true... I have a new Diamond card that expires in March of 2016. I got in January of 2015.

I'll post a pic of it if you want.

19. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow, a swipe at the valet? That probably dings you a gaming day. Ugh.

The Rio shuttle doesn't really check too close either. We waved a copy of my mother's expired diamond card at the shuttle driver to make sure we got on after seeing Penn and Teller.

20. Carol1113

Carol1113 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

You are correct--if you make Diamond by Dec 31st and get a new card before March 31st it will show good through March 2016
    My friend did not make it and when she got a new card in early Feb it showed March 31st 1015 while mine showed 2016

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.