1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Slots What's a good SLOT for coin-in?

Discussion in 'Slots' started by TIMSPEED2, Jan 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm thinking about running $100 through a SLOT machine, to maximize my "coin-in" (play-through) for offers...
    What would be the best one to do it on?
    I'm thinking a $1 machine; something without a "bonus" round or a top-heavy payscale...maybe Blazing 7's?

2. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For video slots, the original Twin Win is the only one I can think of that does not have a bonus round and has a lot of little payouts.

For reel type slots I know the original Double Diamond in a non-progressive version also has frequent payouts.

3. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For a 1c slot, twin-win isn't bad...but I don't think the theo is set that much higher, to warrant a penny slot vs a dollar slot.

4. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would stick with a reel slot, $1.00 or better. Double Diamond or Blazing 7's.

I have hit the top end on Double Diamond 3 times. ($5.00 machines)

5. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you are going with a $1 machine with three reels then you would be correct to find a paytable that isn't top heavy or has a bonus game - you would want something with the lowest top prize you can find.

However, your best play as far as cycling money through over and over again would be an 8-12 year old penny video slot, playing around 15-25 cents per spin. With $100 you should be able to get somewhere around 6-10 hours of play out of that.

6. SoCalMon

SoCalMon VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dollar machines with no bonus round can eat your $100 within 5 minutes if nothing matches up. It is better to have a machine with bonus rounds so you can play longer or at least with a wheel like Monte Carlo and Cash Spin.

7. h_upmann

h_upmann Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd suggest a five line quarter machine.
    Avoid top-heavy payscales as you say.

8. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $100 and wanting to maximize "coin-in"????
    The $1 machines won't do it.
    I have played the .25 cent Top Dollar (.75/spin) and even that can eat through $100 pretty quickly.
    Better stick with the penny slots and minimum bet (.35 - .45) but do ensure no extra cash is required to trigger the bonus.

9. cjohnson202

cjohnson202 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I find I can usually play for a long time on the $1 wheel of fortune machines that have a $2 max bet. I know they are at Planet Hollywood, Tropicana, and several others.

10. DeMoN2318

DeMoN2318 The DERS

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dont play for comps

:poke:

11. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not now that CET cutback...enjoying nearly a 10% coin-in:freeplay ratio was vedddy nice...but alas, all good things come to an end.

12. yoyoseven

yoyoseven Grizzled Vereran

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tim, you probably should go find that $25 machine that paid you so well in October. Who knows, maybe lightening will strike twice.

13. buffalo

buffalo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I believe Monte Carlo and Rio still have 'Shake Your Booty' and can be played at 15 cents/spin. If you have the patience......

14. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did not see it at Rio last month. I LOVE those old(er) IGT video slots and I'm sure I would have noticed it. Where is it, if it's still there?

15. buffalo

buffalo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Now that I think about it, last played it at Rio 9 months ago or so. It was back in the Masquerade area as you walk back toward Burger King.

16. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LOL, hell yeah right!
    Nah, that was a literal ONCE IN A LIFETIME happening...haha, maybe in 10 years, if I can get Chris to come with me again!

17. VegasChic-

VegasChic- VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You may want to try slipping $100 in a wonder 4 penny machine. Set all the screens to Buffalo, and play it at 4.80 per spin. If you get down to $50, drop down to 3.20 per spin to try and get back up, if you get over $100, crank the bet up to 8.00 per spin- and just keep adjusting bet with those parameters.
    If you are after comps, it's showing you as a penny player, higher average pull per spin, but the volatility is lower because its split between the 4 screens. You have a better chance at a big win on the dollars listed above, but, I find you can often get a lot of playtime with these because of the 4 screens. Great THEO for the money. I always lose hahahahaha - but get some pretty decent comps after!
    Good luck!

18. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The corporate scenario isn't helping, but they really overestimated your worth with freeplay offers and now they realize it. You're probably in a "comp hole" now and they will give you crap unless you you show them a good reason to comp you. But at least you ran like god when you were playing higher limits. That's more important than anything.

Kicking off the Trip with Two New Hotels to Us!!!
Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.