1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Golden Nugget Contact? (Pool Closure)

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by Homeschool, Jan 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Homeschool

Homeschool Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just checked in and found out both the pool and hot tub are closed. This was the first time I was made aware of this, and obviously it was not a pleasant surprise, especially considering its really the only reason we stayed here. Really disappointed they didn't mention this when I spoke with someone to make my reservation. Their offers to make it right were late checkout or access to the fitness center, neither of which I give a crap about. I already spoke with the hotel manager and she was unwilling to do anything else. Does anyone have an additional contact higher up the food chain that I could write or email, or have any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Bob

2. tatterdema

tatterdema VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On their website in bright red... "The pool and the Hideout will be closed for renovations from January 5, 2015 - January 23, 2015." In my experience, it is best not to count on any pool being open in January, even if their website says it is. January is usually when all the maintenance is done. Reservationists are usually clueless about things like this. If a pool is that important, I would have called the front desk a couple of days prior to arrival. I personally would take their offer of late check out or fitness center access, and chalk it up as a learning experience. Sucks though.

3. davidcyndi

davidcyndi MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    oops looks like you should have taken one of the managers offers.

4. Homeschool

Homeschool Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not only has that reservation been made for quite some time, but how many people are likely to check back just in case there has been a notice posted? IMO, making sure that guests are aware, in advance, that one of the things you highly promote will not be available during their stay is just good business.

Judging by our conversation, I'm guessing I certainly wasn't the first to be unhappy.

5. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Excellent point... that way you could've gone to another hotel whose pool is open in January... gosh... are there any?

6. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For a two and a half week stretch and a hotel the size of Golden Nugget that could amount to thousands of individual reservations - it would be unreasonable to assume they would contact that many people over this and that their best option would be to post a notice on something like their website.

You are saying too that your reservation was made quite some time ago, could be at the time that they didn't plan on the closure and upgrade of their pool as well, plus for what time of year it is they know its going to affect only a very small number of guests - I've gone to Las Vegas a few times this time of year and stayed at places where they have a pool and even though they have a pool open all year, hardly anybody uses it this time of year.

Sorry it affected your trip negatively, but at this point I think the only thing you can really do is either go with it or if you still have a few days left on your trip you could cancel the last part of your stay at Golden Nugget and move to a property where they have a pool open all year that is still open.

7. kingpasty

kingpasty High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry but I'm with everyone else. It's January. Get over it. You're in the entertainment capital of the world. Surely you can find something else to do other than complain that a pool is closed. In January.

8. Homeschool

Homeschool Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not looking to argue about it, but thanks. And yes, regardless if its January, if I'm counting on having pool access, I'll be disappointed if i don't have it. I took care of it, so no worries.

9. LOCALGAMBLER77

LOCALGAMBLER77 Local Las Vegan

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, and today we hit 73 degrees here in Vegas. A heated pool would be fun. As a local, the Golden Nugget is the one pool that you can count on being open in January. Although many are technically open, noone feels like swimming when the high is 60.

10. Jane42

Jane42 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The only reason I would even consider staying at the Golden Nugget is because of the pool. Otherwise, I would stay somewhere less expensive DT.

I would be annoyed if I got there and found out that the pool was closed. Is there a way to let people know - I don't know. When the Fremont sent me my comp flyer last year, it noted that one of the restaurants would be closed and gave the dates.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.