1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Mandalay Bay Comp Room -> Upgraded to Delano?

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by JoJoR, Jan 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoJoR

JoJoR VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm heading to Vegas in a week. Currently I have 2 nights paid for at Mandalay Bay followed by 1 comped night through MyVegas. Last night I came across a deal where I can stay at the Delano for the first 2 nights for basically the same price (+$14), seems like a no brainer.

My question is, what are my chances of getting my last night moved to the Delano? Think I should try the doing the $20 trick? I'm basically weighing the pros and cons of if I can't get upgraded and how much time I might waste having to switch rooms vs. having a nicer room at the Delano. Thoughts?

2. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You may want to call Mandalay Bay and ask them directly. There is a better chance you could get it switched ahead of time instead of on site, especially since you already have a reservation that you will link to the MyVegas comp.

3. JoJoR

JoJoR VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the advice Scott. I canceled my two nights at MB and booked with the Delano. I called up the Delano and explained my situation and she said she would make a note on my account and they would try to honor my request of staying in the same room all 3 nights (the lady was wicked nice, so here's hoping).

Last edited: Jan 25, 2015
  4. bring_the_rukus

bring_the_rukus Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    the last time i stayed at the mandalay bay we had 4 nights through myvegas and were upgraded to the delano at no extra charge aside from the 20$ tip i gave the booking receptionist.

5. M_ILIS

M_ILIS VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do you mean the front desk clerk at check-in, or how do you tip the booking receptionist?

6. JoJoR

JoJoR VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

That's good to hear. I'm at the Delano Monday and Tuesday, my stay at Mandalay is on Wednesday. So I'm hoping with it being mid-week staying in the same room isn't an issue.

7. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

What is the major difference between the room you booked and the room you got?

8. JoJoR

JoJoR VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Basic Delano room is a suite. Recently renovated. Has 1 1/2 baths.

9. JoJoR

JoJoR VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I checked in, I didn't have any issues combining my two reservations and staying at the Delano all 3 nights. I did get locked out of my room at 11 am after the second night (front desk worker said I shouldn't have any issues), so I did have to make a quick trip to the front desk to get new keys. Had a great stay overall.

10. bring_the_rukus

bring_the_rukus Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    the room i originally booked was just your basic room at Mandalay Bay. the room i was upgraded to was a suite at the delano. It had 1 1/2 baths, a separate living room with a door that closed it off from the bedroom. it was newly remodeled as well.

yes, thats who i meant. sorry about the super late response!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.