1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

1st Timer at 4 Queens This March; Advice

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by dsmoov12, Jan 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dsmoov12

dsmoov12 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Staying for a couple nights at 4 Queens, March 21-22. Couple middle age, middle income guys, so rooms aren't all that important, just need a place to crash and re-group. (Usually we stay at The D, but they are saying comp rooms are sold out. I waited too long to decide to go, MM weekend and all, I understand the deal.) I noticed the thread about the 4 Queens and some things sliding downhill a bit over the past couple years. Do I earn the same comp rate in Binions as 4-Queens? Any newbie advice would be appreciated. Best bars / bartenders in joint? Best video poker area's? Tower to request at check-in? Favorite slots, etc.

Appreciate the thoughts.

2. kingpasty

kingpasty High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    IMO one of the best Video Poker bars in all of Vegas. You can basically spit on Fremont St. if you wanted to. I've always had a great time gamblign at the 4Q but have never stayed there. Have fun!

3. warpdrvr

warpdrvr Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not sure what that bar is called, but my friend and I hung out there for a couple of hours the day after Christmas. Good, fast drink service and we smoked a couple cigars each as the cigar lounge was packed. Not the best paytables for VP (7/5 BP I think), but we both hit multiple 4OAKS and could see right out onto Fremont St. Good time there. I would spend time there again...

edit: My only issue there was it was so close to Fremont that every time someone opened the door, it was like a blast chiller hitting us it was so cold outside....but we still had a great time!

4. Blatz

Blatz Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm at the Four Queens right now for the same reason you are staying there (I usually stay at The D, they told me comp rooms were sold out). Room is clean but not as updated as the D. Pretty much the same bathroom, maybe a little smaller. Elevators are much better here than at The D. 7/5 BP at the bar tops, and the drink service there was good, not so much on the floor. I prefer The D, but I'd stay here again on a comp offer.

5. dsmoov12

dsmoov12 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the replies.

6. keno60

keno60 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Beds comfortable, rooms generally clean I have noticed some hairs in hard to reach places recently. There is a sign 9/6 JOB near the cashier for the machines. Tenderloin sliders at the Chicago Brewing is a winner. Prime rib special also good at Magnolia's especially early in the eve. Breakfast special solid also.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.