1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Slots The Mirage Jungle Jackpots Slot Tournament Questions

Discussion in 'Slots' started by Reel Investor, Jan 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reel Investor

Reel Investor Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I recently received an invite to participate in this slot tournament. It sounds like fun and has a pretty decent likelihood to pay for itself (assuming freeplay rewards somewhat). Has anyone ever gone to these? And does anyone know if attending one increases or decreases the chances of being invited to more prestigious slot tournaments (like the $1 million)?

2. Reel Investor

Reel Investor Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hmm nobody? How about, has anyone ever participated in an invite slot tournament ever? (not counting the Aria Daily Slots Tournament).

The rounds are pretty long (15 minutes) so I think being a younger participant may provide better odds in being able to play as fast as possible.

3. mrstealth

mrstealth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I go to the ones CET put's on quite frequently, and they are fun, especially if "themed" like yours appears to be. Normally they work like this: You register for the tourney at which time you are given the times you need to show up and pull (or click buttons). along with a certificate for any free play you are awarded (depends on your tier level if and how much). CET usually has 3, 15 minute rounds and the scores are totaled up and at the end, payouts are made based on those scores.

You will usually know by the third round if you stand any chance of making the money or not based on the results you see of your competitors, and often they will also display standings after 2 rounds. I can tell you, the payouts do look good going in, but remember, there are a lot of people in these, AND unless you hit the highest payout multiple times, you will not win. You also need to string at least 2 above average sessions together to place in the money.

Now, having said that, 15 minutes may not sound like a long time, but trust me, doing a repetitive task like this is not as easy as it looks. I recommend you show up 15 - 30 minutes before your first round so you can see the types of machines they are using, and what a good score will be so you have something to shoot for. Also see if there are any techniques that seem to be working for some.

In the end it all comes down to luck, however, if you are able to push the button faster and get more spins per session in than others, it does increase your chances of making the money.

4. Reel Investor

Reel Investor Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Awesome, thanks for the feedback! Since I'll be paying for 2, there's really only a 10% chance to come close to breaking even in freeplay. But, as you might imagine, I like my slots. Plus, I want to encourage them to continue offering slot tournament invites, and I feel like turning down my first invite might take my name off the list, as it were.

I'll definitely make sure to check it out early so I know what's going on before I have to sit down and start.

5. ripper

ripper High-Roller

When is the Mirage tourney? I have done them at other mgm properties and they are always fun!

Little mans 21st birthday!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.