1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Do Hotwire hot rates get better closer to the dates?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Snowbelle3, Jan 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sco5123

sco5123 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will be in town during the ROck in Rio festival on May 15, and the rates are astronomical throughout this month...and getting higher. For a crazy weekend such as this, do you think the hot rates will get any better getting any closer to the dates...or will it just get worse and worse?

2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If they continue to book rooms, they will go up.
    If bookings drop, they will adjust the rates downward.

I assume you have checked many different hotels?

3. sco5123

sco5123 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes I have. Just a month a go some of the rates were better but I thought they would either stay the same or get better as I get closer to the dates. No such luck. I saw an original $66 hotel go to $182 on hot rates! And everything is much higher now. I am at least glad I booked one low rate while it was down!

4. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Betterbidding dot com has a feature called Rate Drop that lets you monitor prices. Did you check The Riviera? It's one of my faves for solo value.

5. user3657

user3657 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I routinely check prices and there is no rhyme or reason for random in prices. I was going to head out the first week in Jan, which was CES... and one night found some great deals. Stupid me I did not book and the next day prices were back up to the roof....I coulda got motel 8 next to ellis island for 50$ night but even that was 199$ the next morning and so on.

Just keep checking. thats all.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.