1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Late Night Check In with No Reservation

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Knucklehead69, Jan 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Knucklehead69

Knucklehead69 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Planning a short notice trip where I get in at around 10:00 PM. Thinking about not booking a room for the night of arrival and showing up at the front desk to see if I can get a great deal on a last minute room. Anyone every have any luck trying this?

2. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Try using one of the phone apps to check prices and get a deal. There are a few good one like HOTEL TONIGHT and HOTWIRE. I have not heard of desk staff discounting walk-ups, but maybe someone else has some experience. I have always been told use the various websites.

3. Universal

Universal High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Follow Ron's advice. If anything you will pay more by just walking up to the desk at 10:00 PM with no reservation.

4. BCMike

BCMike VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agree, I haven't heard anything of discounted walk up rates either (I wish they still did this with airfare but as Universal says, in that case with air, you actually pay much much more).

I think in some cases, you'd actually be lucky to get a room as well depending on the day you check in and the hotel you have in mind.

5. topcard

topcard Here's to $10 3:2 two-deck, $5 Craps, and $5 UTH!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I used to be able to do this at the Stardust just about anytime... and they'd either comp it or give me the "player's rate", which back in the day was ridiculously low...like $20.
    In fact, the only time I remember it not working was on a late Friday night with a big fight @ MGM on Saturday.

So - pick a hotel where you have a history of play... your chances should be better there.

Annual Spring Trip!
  6. Shayna G

Shayna G Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I work in the inudstry and I will be honest. If anything, people charge MORE if you walk up late at night. The logic is "its late, they want a room, they dont want to go shopping around".

7. Scottndindy

Scottndindy High-Roller

I used to use priceline all the time and you can get great deals. You just need to be flexible.

8. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Back years ago (decades ago) when I worked the desk when I was in college, the GM gave the desk staff plenty of leeway in rates. "Don't walk a guest unless you are full" was the general rule. This was at a larger Best Western. Now when I worked at the HoJo it was not as lenient. There was a little wiggle room but there was a very firm minimum.

My guess is that in this day and age it's similar to the latter case.

What I would do is check rates on the smart phone as said above, and compare that with what the desk quotes you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.