1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Golfapalooza 2015 Update -- 5/14 and 5/15 or 5/15 and 5/16?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by ken2v, Jan 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've chatted with Coyote Springs and we can get a rate of $67 out there in May. It can't be a Saturday. Given the twin holiday weekends that month, right now I'm kinda thinking late the week between Mothers' and Memorial, so, say, play Th 5/14 and F 5/15, or if we can score a Saturday round somewhere, F 5/15 and Sa 5/16. I'll also see who might be able to do what if we wait a week and slide those dates to the start of Memorial, but at least for us that could be a non-starter if that weekend holds to its usual form.

I'm waiting to hear from Paiute on pricing.

2. Malibugolfer

Malibugolfer High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Will check the dates...curious about Paiute. Thanks for working on this Ken

3. M_ILIS

M_ILIS VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, thanks for working on this! Those dates and $67 for Coyote sound promising to me!

4. VegasBJ

VegasBJ VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Let's play all 3 days, and everyone can adjust on which day(s) they can fit in? I'm in for those dates......

5. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think something freeform like that always works. We just need a third course.

Whatever happens, we likely aren't going to have enough groups to warrant talking to the sales/event side of the house, which is fine. If we end up with a few foursomes, still fun.

6. Ike

Ike Low-Roller

I'm in at least for Thursday or Friday, hopefully both. What's the transportation situation like for Las Vegas golf? Is a taxi workable? I won't be renting a car and I'll be staying on the strip...

7. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ike, both Paiute and particularly Coyote Springs are out there; about 25 minutes for Paiute and 45-60 for Coyote depending on how dedicated is the driver's right foot. I've actually seen taxis at Paiute but it's gonna cost a bit of coin. Coyote? Ouch. Maybe you can carpool with someone.

8. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We will be looking at our spring Vegas dates when we get back from Aruba but it may be late May. Will update.

9. Ike

Ike Low-Roller

Wow, thanks for the info. I had no idea the courses were that far from the strip. Hopefully I'll be able to catch a ride with someone from the strip, a taxi seems out of the question.

10. Fafa2e

Fafa2e High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hmm! I will tentatively put this on my calendar. I was considering heading out that weekend anyway for the Rock in Rio concert. My only problem is that I have another golf trip the week of April 15th in Myrtle Beach and I'm not sure I will be able to swing the two trips in less than a month.

Edit: Actually I just looked up the Rock in Rio dates and the "Rock" week that I am interested is actually May 8 & 9, so now I'm not so sure.

My Longest Trip Ever
  11. VegasBJ

VegasBJ VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When the time comes, I can help out with that.

12. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You got your cabbie license back? Cool. Congrats!

13. Its Only Money

Its Only Money VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was just looking at the Rock in Rio dates too. I'm very interested in the 9th so the golf trip the following weekend wouldn't work for me. Sounds like fun though, maybe it will become an annual thing.

14. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's Vegas. We'll never find a time that's universal. But I did purposely avoid that previous week/weekend because of Mothers' Day and the next because of Memorial.

15. Its Only Money

Its Only Money VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh yeah, you did say that earlier. Being that my mom is not all that fond of LV, maybe I'll make the golf and Taylor Swift the next weekend. Hacks are welcome, correct?

16. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As a founding member of Golf Hacks R Us, I personally invite you.

17. Ike

Ike Low-Roller

That's really cool. I'll be in town May 12-16, but may only play one day. Still not sure. I got one day cleared with the girlfriend, but I'll push for two. She knows how much I love to golf. Which course is better in your opinion?

18. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Paiute courses are top of the heap and have been since each opened. Most seem to lean toward Wolf. I've always preferred Snow. And yet Sun rates out the most difficult. But that's like saying Lambo v. Ferrari v. McLaren. However, if I were redoing my Vegas golf guide, Coyote would jump them by a nose. Some think #18 is kinda silly and I'd jigger with the tee shot on #14, but that sucker just rocks throughout. In other words, you ain't going to go wrong either way.

(Hey, Rich, wanna tell him about Jelly?)

19. VegasBJ

VegasBJ VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So far list of those committed:

Ken2V
    VegasBJ + 1
    Shifter

have a couple others on the fence and will know closer to the dates.

Ken, what about Wolf Creek??

20. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ken2v could be +2
    M_ILIS is in, I think (sorry if I messed up your username)

A hesitate on Wolf Creek for a few reasons: Considering our one lock to this point is Coyote Springs, that would be two days of driving and Mesquite is even more out there. Too much time on the road by my estimation. The joint doesn't have a reputation for pricing concessions. On a cultural level, they refuse to work with the local marketing consortium promoting the area so I'm kinda, "Well, fuck 'em." And in my several times through the customer service has been rather, "Well, fuck the customer." No denying it is a mind-blowing play and as such guys do need to find a way there at least once in their golf lives. But there are those caveats.

And it's just flat nasty tough, too, and I'm not sure of the range of our skill sets for this gig; I know it kicks my ass.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.