1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

VD (Vegas Depression)

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by jam13rel, Jan 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jam13rel

jam13rel Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I suffered this badly after my last trip, I just wonder if anyone else suffers this and if so how you cope with it?

2. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, especially after my fall trip, when I have absolutely nothing to look forward to except winter - which I hate. I really shouldn't live in Minnesota :). I usually get over it within a few weeks. Starting to plan another trip helps for me. My may trip is already booked.

3. jam13rel

jam13rel Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I live in the UK so its hard to get over that much. Booked to go back in November, only another 296 days to go!!

4. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa Front Line Winner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh yeah - its a real thing!

I usually start feeling it the morning of my final day there. Going to check out and seeing the people just checking in? I curse them all for being the lucky ones starting a trip - same at the airport when I see a plane unloading with fresh Vegas vacationers while I sit there in a daze all salty because I am leaving.

It usually lasts a couple days to a week and then I am back in a groove -- to combat the Vegas blues I start planning the next trip!

5. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got it really bad after the first trip. I still get it, just not as bad. It's true that planning another trip helps. Jack Daniels also helps.

6. themightydude

themightydude High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Depends if I had a winning trip or a losing trip lol, but to be honest, after 3-4 days in vegas, I'm done. I've had enough gambling, drinking, and staying up all hours of the night to last for a month or two.

7. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have suffered for years. I am sure I would give a psychologist something to really think about. My first trip to Vegas was with my now ex-wife. We had been having serious marriage problems and were teetering on divorce. I made my choice right there in LV to get a divorce. I phoned my attorney at home the night we got back and processed the papers. For some reason LV became a very comfortable place and a real "happy place" for me. I have traveled to LV every few months for the last five years since that trip. I almost always have a trip booked and usually go about every three or four months. I feel really great in LV. Really weird, I know!

8. jam13rel

jam13rel Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Captainron, im extremley jelous you are able to go every few months. Being in the UK it costs me around $1000 to go for 5 nights. For me there is no place like Vegas it is by far the best place in the world!

9. Needmeavegasgettaway

Needmeavegasgettaway Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I feel it too. Living in Hawaii though makes it hard to get there more than once a year. Airfare alone is 800 pp. So looking forward to my April trip. Wasn't able to go last year so we're doing 8 nights and splitting the trip between two hotel. Hopefully that will hold me for at least another year but I doubt it.

10. rebirth

rebirth High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't been since 2013, way too long for me. It will be the longest layoff, total of 22 months. The previous longest was 18.

11. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Plan another trip.
    It could be 6 months out but who cares because you will know for sure you will be returning.

12. ajp

ajp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I guess I am lucky to live in the Midwest, I can fly nonstop to vegas for about $175 on southwest. If I am willing to fly Allegiant I can go for around $125 if the dates work out, hell Spirit had flights for like $70 roundtrip but you have to fly out of Vegas at like 2am.

I would love to go 2-3 times a year but with a 1 year old at home it is hard to get time off for both my wife and I and get someone to watch our son. We had a trip planned for MLK weekend and had to cancel due to a sitter issue, that is really hard to stomach.

13. hanoscf

hanoscf High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I get it after every trip. I can't even read this board for months after. Then I plan my next trip and I start looking at the board again. I wish I coud go more than once a year but I would be divorced if I did.

14. Valgal

Valgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Needmeavegasgetaway. Have you looked at Allegiant's prices. I know they are a cut rate/service but their prices are cheap. Around $170 one way. It took me a month to miss Vegas we went in December

15. Universal

Universal High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I find the post trip depression is worse when I spend months planning everything and spend part of each day anticipating the trip. The less build up there is in my mind leading up to the trip, the less the depression becomes a big issue once the trip is over.

Obviously there is no way for someone who loves Vegas to not anticipate a trip, especially if you can only go once or twice a year like me, but there is a big difference between anticipation and obsession. :eek: The closer you are to obsession, the worse the depression is likely to be.

16. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I definitely get it for vegas. Got it on last disney world trip too. Right now, I am really big on escaping the home life.

17. Packer

Packer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So just got home yesterday and I'm going through withdrawals. Didn't spend enough time there this time. 45 hours went by like 5 hours. Now I have to wait 9 1/2 weeks till I'm there again. Don't know if I can do it. I know I can't go as I have to much to do and can't get away. So it will have to be March Madness! I will live vicariously through the trip reports.

18. RedRiverRose

RedRiverRose VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree 100%. It's hard to read the board if I am not going to LV within a month or so. I try to go at least three times a year but all I think about is going back after each trip. I am leaving for LV in three days and I am pumped.

19. Onion

Onion Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am so relieved that I am not the only one who goes through this! When we get home from Vegas I am happy and excited to see my kids but then my first day back at work is when I really start getting depressed; depressed that I have to read a bunch of e-mails instead of having a cold Corona at the BJ table! Luckily the wife and I have been going once a year for the last few years and plan on continuing to do so. We will be at the GN in April, can't wait!!!

20. cjohnson202

cjohnson202 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I work a job that is strictly nights and weekends...I'm talking 5 pm to 1 am, 6 pm to 2 am...and I only get one saturday/sunday off a month at best. So yeah, as a guy in my mid-20's, I miss out on a lot of the social stuff my friends get to take part in. Vegas every 3-4 months is my escape and when I don't have a trip planned, it makes my job more difficult as I have nothing to look forward to. When I get home and I haven't booked that next trip yet, I definitely have VD for a few weeks. Then I book my next trip, and it helps, but I don't think I ever fully get over it! Until i'm at the airport on my way, that is, then it's gone! Imagine that

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.