1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

One Hand = Money for Vegas!

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Trip Reports' started by UKFanatic, Jan 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

So I went to tunica for the weekend to (hopefully) build my bankroll for the two vegas trips I have coming over the next three weekends. Only writing this report because there was one crazy hand I had to tell somebody about!

Get in Friday at Goldstrike and play that evening and Saturday morning. Everything goes very well (lots of good BJ and one hot run at craps) and I am up about 20k. Took a break to go to the gym and watch the UK game. Then I decide to walk next door to Horseshoe . I have a new credit line set up there and thought I would get that opened and play for 20 or 30 minutes before the Pats/Ravens game. That's when everything went off the rails.

I get killed! :grrr: Never won more than two hands in a row and lost countless hands where I had 19 or 20. The dealer was on fire. After an hour, I have lost 30k!!! Decide to take a break and walk back over to Goldstrike.

As I walked, I thought about how I had been on a pretty good gambling run lately. I got crushed in Vegas back in October, but had experienced big winning trips at Wynn, NYNY, Goldstrike, and Cosmo since then. In fact, I had run pretty hot for a few months. I had one bad losing session at Wynn (but was still up overall for that trip) and had winning sessions virtually every time I sat down at a table since October. Until yesterday. So part of me thought, hey, I am due for a bad beatdown, just suck it up and don't risk any more of your bankroll before going to Vegas in a week. That idea had evaporated by the time I stepped foot back inside the Goldstrike.

I walk into the high limit, sit down at a BJ table with three other players. They are all playing $100 a hand and I pull out $40k in chips from my pocket. All the other players stare at me, but its a friendly table so we cheer one another on and go to it.

First shoe I make almost 10k. I consider standing up. after all, that puts me around even for the weekend. But I'm steaming a little from losing the 20k I had made prior to the Horseshoe. So I keep playing. Second shoe, I give back that 10k. And now I feel like a greedy idiot for not standing up when I was even. Third shoe, I am steaming even more and increase my wagers a little. I am up about 8k and the next hand is the final hand of the shoe. I decide to bet 4k, thinking I will probably stop if I win and leave the table up a couple grand for the trip.

I am sitting at third base. Can't remember what the other players were dealt, but I get two 2s. The dealer shows a 4. I always try and play correctly, regardless of the amount, so I split my 2s and slide another 4k across the felt. Next card, a 2! Split again and another 4k on the felt. Next card, an 8. Double down and another 4k on the felt. Last card for that hand is another 8, to give me eighteen total. Move to the second hand, I draw two cards and end up with a fourteen total. Last hand, a I get a 9. Yep, double down and another 4k across the felt. Dealer gives me a 6 for seventeen total. Where were the damn monkeys on those double downs!! :grrr: So I've got 20k riding on a fourteen, seventeen, and eighteen against a dealer 4. I feel a little sick.

Dealer flips her hole card, its a 2. I'm calling for a monkey followed by another monkey. Next card, an 8. Alright, not bad, but not great either. Dealer turns the next card ....... monkey! :woohoo:

Everyone at the table jumps up and starts high fiving! I catch my breath, color up and walk away. Ended the trip up 23k, which gives me plenty to play with in Vegas for the next couple weeks. Hopefully I'm not stuck in this same situation next week!

I Need Spa
  2. RiddickBull

RiddickBull VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good win UK!

I noticed BJ comes down to few big hands like in your case.

Win big in Vegas.

3. abrolsma

abrolsma Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    :beer: now we know where your DD monkey was hiding!

4. firstkill

firstkill High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice win and discipline not to "heat check" another shoe

5. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am literally screaming and clapping! LOL. OMG. Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. PayTriple

PayTriple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice!!!!!!!

7. themightydude

themightydude High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice win on that man!

Last time I had a hand like that, I had about $400 or so on the table after all the splits and double downs (big play for me) and wasn't as lucky as you on that one.

Congrats

8. jamesxnj

jamesxnj VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow thanks for the quick rush here..

9. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, I've lost plenty of those hands also. Last time I had one before yesterday was in October at the Wynn. Four way split/double down with $8k on each bet. That loss hurt

I Need Spa
  10. themightydude

themightydude High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Seems like you always get those big re-split and double down hands when you up your bets lol.

I play basic strategy, but I really don't want to on this hand! lol

11. PayTriple

PayTriple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For those of you who count, what was it, before the monkey showed?

12. g8rb8k8

g8rb8k8 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    WHEW!!!!! :beer:

13. Matty Ice

Matty Ice High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congrats UK! Were you as nervous during the second OT of the UK A&M game as that?

14. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    lol, by OT, I was fine. Knew UK had the better team. It was the last eight minutes of regulation when they went ice cold that I was nervous. But close games are good for them and will build resolve for the tourney games in a couple months. Duke lost to a significantly inferior team today. Even really good teams can have off games. A&M was an off game. Ole Miss was really just two guys for them getting incredibly hot from 3. UK actually played well that game, but Ole Miss played out of their minds

I Need Spa
  15. pphold

pphold pp Park Place Degenerate

Trips to Las Vegas:
    great comeback UKFanatic.

I get the 7 as the under card and a monkey with my luck. anyways great come back.

see you in vegas for SuperBowl weekend

16. StingerHook

StingerHook High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great win UK! Thanks for sharing the excitement with us!

17. RedRiverRose

RedRiverRose VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Way to go.

18. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa Front Line Winner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Woooooow! That is awesome. Helluva comeback, man. I bet your heart was hammering away at about 170bpms waiting on the dealer to flip

19. LB9

LB9 PH Blackjack Degen

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Reading this just made me smile and I've been exhausted all day. Way to go!!!

20. pleepleus

pleepleus 2016 - The monkey is back

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congratulations on the hit! Us monkeys like to come out and surprise you sometimes. :)

I remember having a split double down at the Wynn where I lost $27k. I said that the hand was freaking BS, in different words. They called security on me because they said profanity is not allowed at the Wynn because women and children are present. Ridiculous.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.