1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Will Monte Carlo give me a better offer if i call them

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by garfan, Jan 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garfan

garfan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have never done this before, I usually just book and cancel on the internet

I got 4 free night at Monte Carlo using my vegas, and then tried to book 4 nights online but it wasn't working so I was transferred and booked the four nights with a live person

got an email offer/mlife offer for a cheaper rate at mirage for each of the four night, about $60 cheaper on the four nights
    I have stayed at both mirage and monte carlo so I know the difference,

if I phone monte carlo reservations, will they give me a cheaper rate

I have done trips with multiple hotels so I know what its like moving hotels, I just prefer monte carlo beause I like gambling at that end of the strip but mirage is a much nicer hotel

opinions

2. skybank

skybank High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The short answer is.... it never hurts to try.
    I think they compete for players amongst the properties in the same company, so they just match the mirage offer.

3. mikeinctown

mikeinctown High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The mlife email I got had an offer for a special room rate plus resort credit. I'm sure I'm not the only one who got it. They claim you get charged for booking over the phone, but if the Web is screwed up I don't see why they would.

4. Jejas

Jejas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    don't understand OP's question. you already got 4 free nights at MC. How could you want a cheaper rate? below 0?

5. BCMike

BCMike VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Think he's saying he's going for 8 nights. 4 of the free at Monte Carlo via myVegas.

6. Jejas

Jejas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    if that's the case, then I think there is no chance. MGM doesn't allow you to use two offers back to back.

7. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't play MyVegas, but I don't think a MyVegas stay counts as an offer.

OP, I don't recall seeing many posts here where people had a property-specific offer and asked that a different property match it. But if there's no add-ons like freeplay or resort credit involved, and since Monte Carlo is lower down in the pecking order, I'd be surprised if they didn't match the rate.

If you call to find out, come back and post what happens.

8. garfan

garfan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yes I have 4 free night new myvegas, and then four night (paid) at monte carlo, can't see how that is multiple offers

will call either today or tomorrow and update,
    I would be happy with free play or resort credit, just not sure how to ask

9. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, your offer from Mirage is an MLife offer, a discount instead of a full comp, but an offer nonetheless. You are basically going to be asking Monte Carlo to match it, so Monte Carlo may consider that they are booking you under an offer.

MyVegas is not an offer, you earned it by doing whatever you do on MyVegas.

As for freeplay and resort credit, just tell Monte Carlo straight up what the Mirage offer is and tell them you'd rather stay at Monte Carlo because you like it better, so can they match it? If they'll match the rate but not freeplay and/or resort credit, then you have a decision to make.

10. garfan

garfan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just called and they won't match the offer i got from mirage, the rates at monte carlo have gone up a little since I have booked

so now I just have to decide whether to cancel monte carlo and book mirage,

as I said I have stayed at both so I know the differences, husband doesn't like moving hotels but he will if I tell him

decisions, descions

11. stelliebean

stelliebean Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought you could only redeem 3 rewards from myvegas within a 30 day period? Have you found a way around that?

12. garfan

garfan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    two for me and two for my husband
    and if you are willing to spend money and buy chips then you can get addtional rewards

13. Jejas

Jejas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would move to Mirage.

14. StuartUK

StuartUK Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey all,
    Am looking to book the Mirage for 3 nights using the myVegas rewards, am I right to think there is no way to escape the Resort Fee when using the myvegas rewards (in any mgm hotel mind ?) ?

Forgot to add, does anyone have an email address for a contact in Monte Carlo ?
    Stayed there for 5 nights last year, made up around 23000 points on my Mlife card at the tables/slots....
    So am hoping I could email the hotel and ask if they can do a super rate or comp! :D

Last edited: Jan 16, 2015
    Show me the money Jerry, show me the money!!!
  15. garfan

garfan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    fyi, I did change my reservation and am now staying four free night at monte carlo (using my vegas rewards), and then four nights at mirage

- - - Updated - - -

I have stayed a few times using myvegas rewards in the past and have NEVER been charged the resort fee, even though when I booked they told me I would be charge, hoping this time is the same

16. robron

robron Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We stayed at the Mirage and the Aria last May using Myvegas. Mirage didn't charge the resort fee, they just took it off without us even asking. At Aria they put it on for both nights we were there. I didn't ask to have it taken off because I figured we were getting a free room anyway so it was still a cheap stay.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.