1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

For anyone who's eaten at Andiamo's and Hugo's Cellar, your opinion please?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by DaiLun, Jan 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Which did you like better and why?

I have always eaten at Andiamo's but I have enough comp money to eat at Hugo's Cellar.

What is your favorite dish at Hugo's cellar?

Which restaurant did you like better?

TIA.

2. kiwiboy1

kiwiboy1 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've eaten at both. Andiamo twice and Hugo's dozens of times.

Both are really good for downtown but I lean towards Hugo's.

Hugo's does really good cocktails (the Manhattan is excellent!) and the prime steaks are really good. Not every dish is a winner and you will see a lot of people are disappointed by it. Here is what I like:

Table side salad
    16oz Prime NY Strip
    Prime Rib
    Moroccan Lamb
    Fillet and Prawns
    King Crab Legs
    Veal Oscar

Love the Sommelier as well!

3. catman

catman Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hugo's is way better than Andiamo. I thought Andiamo's food was average at best. I was very dissappointed.

Hugo's best item to order is the Manhattan cocktail (up)!

4. gambler

gambler VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've eaten at both, having a filet each time. They are both good but they don't cook their meals the same way. The presentation is much different too.

Andiamo's steak is plain. If you order filet, that's all you get. You won't find any bacon wrapped around your filet or any maitre d' butter flavoring the top. The steamed carrot and zucchini is just that, steamed but no added flavoring, no butter drizzled over it, not a single parsley flake. No potato. (bread, 8 ounce filet and salad $48). You'll be able to finish your meal.

Hugo's steak dinner is a symphony of flavors. Every item on the plate has added flavor and spice. Their table side salad is a meal in itself. They make it to order and you can add shrimp, chopped egg, mushrooms, etc. and your choice of dressing. (a rose, bread, table side salad, sorbet to "refresh your tastebuds", 10 ounce filet and chocolate covered fruit for desert $57). You probably won't be able to eat it all.

I guess it depends on how your taste buds run. For me, I prefer Hugo's. I love all the different flavors, sauces and seasonings and besides, I can throw a filet on the grill at home and duplicate Andiamo's cooking. Anyone can steam a carrot. Hugo's gives you a meal you might not bother to fuss over at home. Of course, I've only tried the steak so other meals may be different. The sommelier adds a nice touch for choosing a glass of wine with dinner.

I took these photos off the net. You'll see what I mean about the difference in meals.

l_118.jpg l.jpg

5. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you for the opinions. I will have a different expectation for Hugo's cellar, and since I'm a non alcohol drinker, the Manhattan doesn't make a difference.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.