1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Planet Hollywood* Fountain View Strip Suite?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by T.C., Jan 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. T.C.

T.C. Tourist

Just had my host conform a reservation for the Fountain View Strip Suite at Planet Hollywood.

Anyone know what room this is? I see on Planet Hollywoods site there is a Premium Fountain View room and a PH Strip Suite...... Figured I'd ask you veterans if you knew or maybe my host just misspoke.

I shot him an email back but I believe he is gone for the day.

2. FullPay

FullPay When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are there internet maps?

3. T.C.

T.C. Tourist

Not sure what you are talking about?

4. newmans

newmans VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think all the Strip suites over look the pool. I'm not sure how much of a fountain view you have. The suite is fairly dark. The brightest part is the bathroom. I think the Resort Vista has a better view of the Bellagio Fountain.

5. T.C.

T.C. Tourist

I'll be interested to see what the reservation shows in the system as I told him "Planet Hollywood, looking to reserve a room overlooking the Bellagio fountain (think those are the Resort or Vista room something along those lines)."

Won't be a very happy customer if it ends up being the standard Strip Suite. He said it would take 24-48 hours for the reservation. To show up online in the TR system, so we will see. Wasn't sure if Tue veterans here had ever heard one of the rooms referred to as the Fountain View Strip Suite

6. waverunner

waverunner ------VEGA$------

Trips to Las Vegas:
  7. Funkhouser

Funkhouser In Charge of the Big Door

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've stayed in one before. Its kinda a weird layout. They are bigger than the standard rooms, but hardly as Suite. These are in the center of North or South tower. There is a TV area right as you walk in the door, desk is on the other side. Bathroom is huge, and where you will be enjoying your "Strip View" from. Either the tub or from the bath counter top. There's also this huge column in the room.

Bed is toward back to room.

Better than the Hollywood Hip room, but not as good as a Resort Fountain View room.

Check out this video for layout: [video=youtube;QLMzUjHkl1k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLMzUjHkl1k[/video]

8. T.C.

T.C. Tourist

Yeah, I don't think that's gonna cut it. If that is the room that he booked, he just added "Fountain View" on the name of the room. I'll wait to see what it shows up as in Total Rewards, and either cancel (and find a new host) or get him to change the room type.

9. T.C.

T.C. Tourist

In your opinion is the Resort Room or the Premium Fountain View room a better option? Looks like the Resort Vista rooms are sold out for my trip. So I'll have the choice of Resort Room, Premium Fountain View or Strip Suite. Thoughts? Mainly looking to appease the girlfriend.

10. newmans

newmans VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I prefer the Resort Vista over the Strip Suite. Both are PH Jr. Suites. If you are looking at the TR site and seeing that the Resort Vista is sold out......in my experience, it always says that. Your host should be able to book you into it.
    Ask for the North tower and a Resort Vista that ends with "80"( I think....there are 2 at the end of the hall and the one on the right is bigger and has a better view)

11. T.C.

T.C. Tourist

Thanks for the tip. Just shot my host an email requesting a North Tower Resort Vista ending in "80". We'll see what he says.

12. T.C.

T.C. Tourist

Can someone explain to me why (in Total Rewards booking system) when I am logged in it does not show any options for the RESORT VISTA, it does show me some of the suites, and the amount I'd have to pay, along with some of the standard rooms as COMP.

But when I open an incognito window (in google chrome) and go to book a room through Total Rewards booking system, it shows the RESORT VISTA as available.

So basically the system is telling me as a Total Rewards member, I can't get the room even if I pay, but Joe Schmoe could..... Doesn't seem to make sense.

13. newmans

newmans VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's the same for me. I often choose a Resort Vista or Panorama Suite via my host. On the TR site I don't see any Resort Vistas. The only issue with Resort Vistas is that you can't get them on a really high floor. I'm not sure what the highest floor that they are available on. The view of the fountains is still very good from a Resort Vista on the 28th floor or so.

14. newmans

newmans VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think he'll say that he'll try, but can't guarantee. It would depend on how busy the hotel is (what day you arrive). Your host can always request, but nothing is ever guaranteed.

15. Funkhouser

Funkhouser In Charge of the Big Door

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Resort vista are in the shorter towers that jut out the front of Pho. The have the special soaking tubs with nearby tv where you can sit and look out on the strip. Resort room with fountain view are bigger rooms with standard bathrooms. The have really good views(most). As a diamond member I could usually get comp'd strip suite or below. Resort Vista is a higher tier suite, so I believe that's why they were bootable. The anthology suite site for CET may have them bootable.

16. T.C.

T.C. Tourist

Emailed my host about upgrading to a Resort Vista room in the North Tower that ends in "80" and his response was

So we shall see what I end up with. Thanks again for the info.

17. newmans

newmans VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hope everything works out for you. I think you'll like the Resort Vista. I believe PH would classify the Strip Suite as a premium to the Resort Vista. The Strip Suite is larger, but I would much prefer the Resort Vista.

18. irmster

irmster Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had a resort vista once and asked to move to a normal resort room. The resort vistas a right above the pools and the lower ones very very noisy all day long.

I agree though about the strip suites - not really suites and the lay out is not great. Try and ask for a Panorama suite. You never know.

19. T.C.

T.C. Tourist

Don't think the pools will be a problem this time of year (heading out this coming Thursday). I could be wrong though.

20. redsoxmom5

redsoxmom5 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We had a resort vista room last August. I loved our room. My husband and I were worn out after the flight and tried taking a nap. Not possible with the loud thumpin music. lol

Shouldn't be a problem the next couple months, though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.