1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Trip with Wifey Jan 8th - Jan 11th

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by bones1103, Jan 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bones1103

bones1103 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Always enjoyed reading these reports and living vicariously through other peoples trips, so I thought I would give it a shot on my own.

My wife and I are the only ones going, our first trip alone in what feel like forever, both 30 years old. This means a smaller budget for me, since she demands shopping and spa work as an even trade for nag free craps time, but it also means I should remember most things and I may keep all of the food I eat down. We are flying out of OKC tomorrow Jan 8th on some $83 one way flights on United I found about a month ago and back late Sunday Jan 11th on SWA via points. I emailed Hunter and he was able to get me a room at Planet Hollywood set up and I appreciate him taking his time out to get my rooms for me as I do not play high enough or frequently enough to require a host.

We are mixing in old favorites with new haunts this trip going to Blue Ribbon Sushi tomorrow, trying Bazaar Meats on Friday, trying Giada’s Friday, and trying Jazz Brunch at the Country Club at Wynn on Sunday. My main reason for posting early to see if anyone had recommendations for food at any of the places or if anyone had info on dining credit for new card signup at SLS to use at Bazaar Meat.

We are also going to Zarkana at Aria and plan on hitting the High Roller, but since I hate heights I may be holding the poll with my eyes closed, and the all you can drink option will be a must. Sounds like a jam packed trip but I prefer to gamble earlier in the day and then late at night.

As far as Gaming, I play a little of everything, but in Vegas mainly stick to Pai Gow and Craps, since I can play Blackjack in Oklahoma and Kansas when I am on the road for work. I will play slots with the wife and will hop here and there chasing cocktail waitresses. The wife hates craps, playing it and being arm candy, but last trip we found out she doesn’t hate the Pop-O-Matic Trouble version of craps so I am sure we will try that as well.

Going to try and update daily, while I shake the cobwebs off from the night before while drinking coffee. Hopefully this trip can supplement my income as Oil prices are making times rough. As a guy I work with said, If gas prices fall anymore I am not going to be able to afford it.

2. crp62885

crp62885 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ill be at Planet Hollywood tomorrow as well. Cant wait!

3. mrstealth

mrstealth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey - thanks for sharing and looking forward to reading about your adventure. My wife is afraid of heights also and went on the high roller 2 weeks ago and said it was fine/didn't bother her and she was really glad she went.

Anyway, have a great time, and good luck!

4. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Classic line!!! Hope you have a blast!!!

P.S. Your comment about oil prices is a reminder that it is a balancing equation I suppose. You probably won't get much sympathy from those of us on the "using" end of the pump, but a good segment of our economy, especially in certain parts of the country do see things differently!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.